Wax Seals

This year, I’m a scout leader for the Pionniers (age 15-17). We made a “charter” they need to follow and instead of signing it, I made a wax seal for each of them with their initials. It made it seem a little more official.

I just engraved 1/8" white acrylic, and glued an acrylic “ring” to the back so they could easily hold it.

I bought some “sealing gun wax” online. It was then easy to do. I used some “pam” as a mold release. We then melted some wax, waited 20 seconds, and pressed the seal into the wax. It worked great.

!

I think they liked it. It’s hard to get a read on kids of that age.

36 Likes

That’s cool!
15-17 year old me would have been thrilled :smiley: That seal would also be showing up on other things later!

7 Likes

I’d have loved it, but I was hardly a good measure for normal teen engagement.

7 Likes

Super cool!

2 Likes

You’re making me want to send all my holiday cards sealed with wax.

8 Likes

This, x100…

Does anyone know of stores that carry it? I have to mail mine (to Europe) tomorrow…

3 Likes

Fine stationary stores carry it - check local high end malls

Keep in mind this requires your mail not go through the machines so it will slow down delivery, and many will break off before they get there.

6 Likes

Perhaps just on the folded letter insert…

I know I actually have some, and a metal ring, from over 20 years ago. Somewhere in the boxes of crap collected over three moves…

Worst case, I’ll buy some Crayolas…

5 Likes

If you have a Barnes and Nobles bookstore nearby, they carry it as well

2 Likes

Neat project, would think they’d love it. :grinning:

1 Like

Not having holiday cards, I’m thinking it could replace the Scotch tape for presents next year.

2 Likes