We made our first sale & then another!

We own a flower shop and purchased our Glowforge back in December. We were not able to really get in on the Christmas rush but we have started making for the new year. We made a few things and started posting on our shop Facebook page and today we sold 2 of them! We have had so much fun learning and making we were not even concerned about selling anything yet but man did it feel good! The magnets we had not posted on our page yet but put them on this fun stand by the register and sold one today to lady who was purchasing flowers.

So for those newbies out there like us dive in and get to making! You never know what someone will fall in love with!

30 Likes

Congratulations! Your stuff looks amazing. I had a similar situation, selling my first few things on Twitter. (I’m still working on my Etsy shop… juggling it with a full time day job, and travel… one of these days I’ll get it opened). I bet you are going to be selling A LOT of things in your flower shop!

3 Likes

That seems like a great pairing! Congrats on your first few sales!

2 Likes

Congratulations! You will have to let us know when you reach the break even point on the Glowforge purchase.

Good luck in your new endeavor.

Very good :+1: sounds motivating.

I’m really bad at materials especially the different kinds of wood. I mean what is the dark wood you have used called and the lighter one? I may start a new thread on this topic.

1 Like

The dark wood is 1/4" Birch Plywood from Lowes after we cut we stained it. I cut it out using the proofgrade settings for Thick Maple but lowered the power to 80. The other is 1/4" Maple Plywood from Lowes and I also used the Thick Maple settings for this one. The maple was painted with cream acrylic crafters paint before cutting. Everything is held together with E6000 even the saw tooth hanger on the back.

oh great thanks. so I bought 3.6mm plywood from our local shop in U.K. but it turned out to be a disaster. I then found out that plywood comes in different quality. not sure what face plywood it is but really bad.IMG_5844.jpg.zip (1.5 MB)
IMG_5845.jpg.zip (1.1 MB)
IMG_5846.jpg.zip (1.2 MB)

started a new thread :+1:

Great items! They deserve to be purchased! And you’re right about marketing things… ya just gotta do it.

I just opened one over the weekend. Only 1 item in it right now, but ya gotta start somewhere, right? :wink:

2 Likes

I want to do Etsy as well. We have a shop for our digital files and our vinyl decals so this will be a 3rd shop. I want to wait until after Valentine’s Day before I jump into all that. That is hands down our busiest week of the year!

1 Like