Wedding by Glowforge

My niece and her long time boyfriend were married a few weeks ago (after ten years of dating!). Needless to say it was a highly anticipated event. We worked for a year to get everything together because we had 150 people at the reception, so everything we made was x150 or more. I used a ton of proof grade plus card stock, cork coasters and even cheap little tags from dollar general for the s’more love tags. Along with running the forge continuously I also make 20 doz cupcakes, and a 6 inch square wedding cake- none of it as cool as the cake topper cut out of mirrored gold acrylic! The seating chart was comprised of maple proof grade pumpkins with the guests names, then all of the table numbers and the saying were card stock. The seating pumpkins were the hard part - each one had a name or family name! We love using the glow forge to make gifts, but it’s usually a one off, this tested my resolve. In the middle of it all I had fan issues (Thank God Glowforge has the BEST support in the world) which put me behind. I over came the challenge and got it fixed, but I thought for a minute I was going to have to buy another forge just to finish all the wedding stuff!

50 Likes

Wow, very beautiful! I love the cardstock engraves! (I think that is what it is?)

So much work! I am glad you were able to get it all done even with the :glowforge: going down part way through.

7 Likes

Looks like it was a super classy wedding! Now you can catch your breath. Or start making gifts for the holidays, or something.

8 Likes

Congratulations on pulling off this multi faceted project. Everything looks fantastic. What a relief!

7 Likes

Wow, you definitely get the “Aunt of the Decade” Award! Such loving attention to detail, so nice that you could make such a special day even more perfect for the happy couple.

8 Likes

Thanks! Yes, lots of cardstock! We bought different kinds and found the one with the coolest contrast when engraved. If you haven’t played with card stock, I highly recommend trying it! It’s a lot of fun and you can make a mistake without spending a ton of money in materials.

9 Likes

Wow, you did a fantastic job and you did it all, whew! Congratulations to you and your family.

6 Likes

Well you now have the experience, the knowledge and the pictures to start a business!!

Well done!!!

4 Likes

That is all very beautiful. My son gets married this weekend and I did the table numbers and a few little things. This is over the top:-)

5 Likes

The GF is the perfect tool for this job! OOOh, those cupcakes look tasty, too! Nice work!

4 Likes

Wow!! You made the whole wedding! Terrific work! :heart:

4 Likes

Great work! I know the couple was so pleased with all the personalized decorations!

3 Likes

So cool.great job

2 Likes

Nice! My niece gets married next year and I’ll be making lots of things!

3 Likes

It all turned out wonderfully. Thank you for sharing this with us. You will definitely get some follow-up orders. :wink:

3 Likes

Some beautiful decor and cupcakes and cake! I’m still thrilled whenever I use mirrored acrylic … so much wow. I’m sure they were thrilled with all your work.

1 Like

Are the pumpkins magnetic? What type of board are they on?

Welcome to the forum.