Wedding Gift: Nixie Tube Clock

Amazing! well done!

1 Like

I love the marriage of organic and tech and the symbolism. A beautiful piece on so many levels.

1 Like

Really beautiful build!

2 Likes

Well that’s a cool thing! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, thank you! That really sums the project up nicely.

And that’s why I thanked you for the kerf guide a few weeks back!

1 Like

I’d say you took it beyond a simple kerf adjustment…in a BIG way! :smile:

1 Like

Wow, amazing! I think you’ve got the chops to make a pretty cool guitar or ukelele now.

1 Like

That is a pretty cool idea!

Here’s the requested insight @amaddock

Are you selling any? :blush:

Pretty unlikely for a few reasons. I don’t use my GF to make money, it was a unique one off gift, and I don’t think I could charge enough for my time to make it reasonable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally understand. A GF is definitely a very special gift indeed and I understand for that reason. You do have a gift, and your piece is exquisite!
If you ever want to “share” your design, I’d be ok with that :grin:
Thanks for sharing!

You’re probably just playing around, but for the benefit of the designer, and per the forum guidelines:

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

1 Like

@elfguy totally playing as you can see by my quotation marks. If you noticed my first comment I asked if he sold them, just thought I’d point that out to you.

Great job! Good combination of retro tech and modern wood style.

1 Like

Thank you! That’s a huge compliment.

Yeah, extra steps to make it bomb proof are usually worth it!

Incredible project. Never would guess it was laser cut on a glowforge at first glance. Love the nixie tubes.

I use that pattern of living hinge a lot on my projects. Veneer on top never really occurred to me until now. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! And right on about the living hinge plus veneer solution. A GF buddy of mine encouraged me to post for that very reason. It’s similar to a lot of luthier work actually.