Wedding sign and card box

So some friends of mine are FINALLY getting married and they asked if I could make them a couple things for the big day. Of course I said yes. Used 1x6 tongue and groove boards cut to length and glued up into a large panel to make the sign. Letters were cut out with PG draftboard and painted. The big name at the top was 1/4" and the rest was 1/8".

The little card box was made from 1x6 board cut up and just a simple logo engraved on the top. They were pumped and I think they came out pretty nice for just a quick weekend project.

26 Likes

These are great! Like the wood you selected for the sign, and overall, very well done! The heart engrave is perfect for the day.

3 Likes

Thank you! They wanted something simple and somewhat rustic :blush:

3 Likes

I love it!! Tell them you would like it back if they get divorced. Remove the top and do it again for another couple.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea! Don’t think there’s a chance of that happening with these two though :slight_smile:
HOWEVER, I have already received another request to make another similar sign for Another soon to be wed couple! Pretty awesome. Now I just hope I have the draftboard to cut the letters out… If not, I guess I’ll go to my orange big box store and see what MDF they have.

1 Like

Ugh FINALLY, it’s about TIME they got married. I mean c’mon, what took so long.

But seriously, it’s always cool to be part of something like that. Looks great!

1 Like

Right?!?! lol, and thank you very much :slight_smile: