Weekend Sewing and Glowforging

Well it was a great weekend returning strong with all the sewing I love and also brining in the glowforge. All outfits were sewn from scratch. The projects were suede based. One had the suede glowforged with the passthrough before I sewed them in and the other was a dress I made where the suede was glowforged after.

Before I get to the results, I have many dogs. One dog especially likes to photobomb and he is just his own level.

So here are the results of the design where I glow forged and then sewed (the glowforge engraved the eagle wing design)

and here is Thorin being Thorin

This other make was sewn first and then I glowforged mountains on it

Andddd here is Thorin again. FYI, Thorin has figured out that if he sneaks around back and busts through your legs and then sits down, then he basically has locked you in and you temporarily cant go anywhere.

^^^^ Thorin circling around

^^^ Thorin busting through

^^^^ Thorin locking you in

^^^ Thorin satisfied

And finally, here is another make I did with the suede scraps. I have not glowforged the suede in this one yet…

49 Likes

Beautiful stuff and you make a top model for it!

6 Likes

These are gorgeous!

6 Likes

Great suede projects, and cagey photogenic dog.

4 Likes

Awesome attire!! Your sewing reminds me of Gertie. Her books are the best.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gretchen+hirsch&i=stripbooks&crid=O4A6WFHJG3N9&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_15

2 Likes

Now I’m going to have to include my German shepherd in some pictures!

5 Likes

Gawjus! Your sense of style and design is unique and amazing. Keep it up.

5 Likes

Love all of the outfits, the glowforging takes them to another level, also love Thorin, beautiful boy!

6 Likes

I love the dresses! They look amazing on you. I love the last picture of Thorin. There is something very human about his pose in there… like an old black and white where the poses are exaggerated. I don’t know, but in that photo alone, I know I love him.

6 Likes

Terrific work. Beautiful results! Love the name Thorin!

6 Likes

Beautiful projects. I love the mountains on the second one.

7 Likes

Happy cake day!!! and thank you!!!

5 Likes

Happy cake day to you, @ptodd . Hope you have a great day.

4 Likes

Thank you @MyDogsThinkImCrazy and @davidgal2 !

4 Likes

These are wonderful. The GF augmentation is spot-on. And Thorin is a great character!

And also a happy cake day to @ptodd!

3 Likes

Very nice. But are you showing off the dresses or that good looking dog with really big teeth?

3 Likes

Nice work! I like the combo of laser/sewing. And Thorin looks to be a total sweetie!

1 Like

Thorin is adorable (and very distracting), and your dresses are simply amazing! You could open a couture shop.