Well it finally happened

I have my glowforge and just finished my first project :slight_smile:.

Just a small project for fun to teach myself some of the basics of Inkscape and to try out some of the proof grad materials etching. There are 4 magnets hidden in the lid and 4 in the body of the box to hold the lid on.
I made a youtube channel and posted some time-lapse videos of the engraved panels and cuts.

Oh i also made this coaster for a friend.

And started a prototype for some game tiles with round magnets so they will stick together slightly on the board. The magnets self orient when close to other tiles.

If you got this far i hope you enjoyed the poorly taken photos lol. Have a great day.

63 Likes

I just hit the plywood store for the addiction! Have fun! Neat patterns!

5 Likes

That’s my tomorrow, I’m going out and finding some places to get more food for the glowforge :joy:

4 Likes

Incredible designs! disorienting but beautiful :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Great first projects! The optical illusion patterns are nifty!

5 Likes

So glad you finally got to experience the addiction! Those look stunning! :smile:

5 Likes

You call this basic? This is a seriously well thought out advanced project! Can’t wait to see what else you come up with.

7 Likes

I really like the optical illusions, especially the one on the lid. Great job. :grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing your dizzying display of projects.

2 Likes

Those are great! Looking forward to seeing where you go with the game pieces (mostly how you make the magnets not fall out)

That lid illusion would cause me to lose serious time as I just sit there staring at it.

3 Likes

Thank you :smile:

1 Like

Thx Jules

1 Like

Thanks for all the love in the comments really means a lot to me. I know its just my start but feels good to know I’ve taken a step in the right direction. You all made my day today

2 Likes

Cool projects! Although my eyes are bugging out a bit from the patterns. :laughing:

I guess you need to change your profile statement now!

3 Likes

Dizzy is what I am after this great write up.

4 Likes

This is an amazing first project! Love that you added magnets to hold the lid. Nice engravings … even on the bottom!!

4 Likes

great first project! Well done!

1 Like