What a difference 7 weeks make

It was 7 weeks ago Friday that I fell and fractured my hip and today I logged into the Glowforge app for the first time since then and I don’t hardly recognize it.
The main problem is constant scanning no matter which of my previous files successfully run that I pull up. Any suggestions?

2 Likes

There have been a lot of changes rolled out however the first thing to check is if the app knows when the lid is open. There have been several folk that are having trouble connecting to WiFi. If the lid being open or closed was not
reflected in the App then it is a wifi issue. I do hope you hip is coming along.

If I had been out of touch for 7 weeks I would be like the guy at the end of the first Planet of the Apes movie.

3 Likes

I am sorry about your hip and very glad you are back.

2 Likes

my go to move when the scan gets stuck. power down the forge. wait a few seconds, power it up,
that fixed it for me this am.

3 Likes

I hope you are healing well and fast! Remember to check and make sure there is not too much light on the bed and check that wifi. It is so likely the wifi…

1 Like

Well after several days of FedEx not keeping up with their delivery schedule I finally received a new lid cable.
I personally did not believe that was the problem, but then I’m not a Glowforge engineer.
Installed the new cable and immediately Glowriosky was back in full operation.
I didn’t recognize the new interface since both my Glowforge and I went down on March 20 and a lot has happened since then.
Thanks to GF support for getting me up and running again.
Now if they could work their same miracles on my hip.

4 Likes

I am very happy that the lid cable has fixed your Glowforge, the docs have fixed your hip and all is now right with the world. Ok, maybe the world is not in a good place, but you can get back to forging and using the new features at least.

3 Likes

This is where closing support threads when emailing hurts, nobody seeing your posts in P&S will see the resolution.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.