What am i doing wrong? not cutting though

Hey guys, there is probably something on here and I just didn’t see it, but I’m gonna ask anyways.
My machine is brand new, not even 2 weeks old and it is not cutting all the way through, is this something I am doing wrong? it will with some things but not with others. If anyone would help that would be great, if you have any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong then please let me know.
Thanks, you guys are great!

1 Like

Read through this and check all the things: https://glowforge.com/support/topic/troubleshooting/cut-didnt-go-through-material

Upside down lens and non-flat material seem to be the most common

If it’s material you can use magnets or tape and cut yourself some of these: Honeycomb bed holdown pins

Fingers crossed

4 Likes

No matter what the Proofgrade numbers are you can run a test with this design and see real results with real numbers.

But first, of course, make sure everything else is up to snuff. That the head fan is blowing the smoke forward and all the lenses & windows are clean. The tiniest speck on a window can seriously reduce the power where it needs to be and if you see the smoke catch fire even for a short bit, that will also seriously degrade the power while that is happening. A couple weeks use can certainly be enough to call for a maintainence cleaning.

3 Likes

Thanks y’all, the only thing i haven’t don’t is check the lens and im letting my husband do that (he’s the tech and maintenance, i’m the creator) I’ll let y’all know if that works.

3 Likes

Thank you for the help everyone!

@jessicakhunt1004 I’m so sorry your print didn’t turn out as expected!

Were you able to get your prints to successfully cut through? If you’re still running into trouble please don’t hesitate to let us know.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.