What better to discuss for Halloween than scary movies

I don’t find “horror” movies to be scary. Maybe that’s because my dad is a film editor, and when I see gore in a film I think about what was used to make it, and the guys standing just offscreen throwing buckets of red water across the set.

So my list is different (and really incomplete)

1984, Requiem For a Dream, Schindler’s List, Deliverance, Tapped, Wall-E, District 9, Idiocracy…

3 Likes

I dunno, Wall-E ranks right up there in my top horror movie list. :smile:

4 Likes

I mean sure, it’s also cute and sweet and perfectly acceptable for children (who won’t pick up on the whole dystopian nightmare aspect)

Inspired by Calvin & Hobbes, one year in elementary school my halloween costume was a leaking barrel of toxic waste. Pretend isn’t scary, reality is.

6 Likes

If only our brainstems knew this!

2 Likes

Oh my! Requiem for a Dream is so dark because it is reality to too many.

Battlefield Earth was the scariest movie I ever saw. It scared me that someone would actually release such a bad movie. And that’s coming from someone that enjoyed Howard the Duck.

6 Likes

(No visuals, safe to “view” and perfect for your phobia)

2 Likes

I laughed all the way through that one – had my own little Mystery Science Theater riff track going in my head, it was great!

My all-time favorite bad movie is Reptilicus. It’s kind of a “Godzilla does Denmark” thing, SO bad – you can see the lines where they cut out and pasted in the guy the monster was eating in one scene. I had a couple of Danish employees at the time, and my kids were in HS so we’e all get together at my house for a movie night every Friday night. Probably at least once a month Reptilicus was the opening feature – poking fun at it just never got old.

4 Likes

:+1:

This one is on my Halloween playlist! Creeps my wife out.

My all-time favorite bad movie is …

3 Likes

For me, the movies that are most memorable, and seriously scared the crap out of me as a kid–I’m not sure I would say they’re favorites–are, in no particular order:

• The Car
  • Willard
  • Ben
  • Children of the Corn
  • Jaws

Honorary mention to the original Halloween. The movie didn’t scare me, but the music still freaks me out.

1 Like

Just informed Hubs we’re having a movie night ASAP. :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 32 days. New replies are no longer allowed.