What Happened to Mike?

People tend to ascribe to others behavior that they would do themselves in the same situation.

Personally, I figure you should never assume malice when incompetence (or error) would also explain the situation.

8 Likes

Hanlon’s razor is an aphorism expressed in various ways including “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity” or “Don’t assume bad intentions over neglect and misunderstanding.” It recommends a way of eliminating unlikely explanations for a phenomenon (a philosophical razor).

6 Likes

No idea. I suspect Mike’s access was removed in a way slightly different than usual which caused some unexpected side effects. I unhid the hidden post but there’s probably other things that have gone cockeyed as a result, unfortunately.

17 Likes

Odd indeed. I can still flag @spike and he has been gone a very long time.

Miss that guy.

1 Like

Never got to know him, he left just before I got active, but some of his renders were jaw dropping! :relaxed:

3 Likes

He was awesome. He sent me a can of Grunge to play with, and I wanted to send him an art to show my appreciation, but the return label got destroyed and then he was gone from the forum. :frowning:

3 Likes

His profile still list his website http://exoticvessels.com

4 Likes

I… never thought to look there. Thanks! Will be attempting to contact him.

5 Likes