What happens if we defer shipment, continued

Well even when I was employed i took a month long vacation by taking it across the holiday year boundary. Didn’t go down well with the technical director when he realised.

1 Like

I’m in that boat, I accepted the are you ready so i’m in the 6 week window. But I have spots where I will be travelling for a few days at a time coming up and I am paranoid its going to of course suddenly ship during one of those periods. Then I will be scrambling to find someone to house-sit to receive it on short notice. But I certainly don’t want to have to delay it through UPS as that sounds like a death wish for the box.

1 Like

The question asked was “If I have to defer shipment, can I specify a future time window for delivery?”

And the answer was “No, We’re trying to make this as easy as possible but you can not select a specific time window.”

If you need some other answer, you need to ask some other question.

If you need a specific answer, you need a specific question.

4 Likes

All the new questions are in the first post, plus a few posts later, the additional question, is there a time limit on responding to the invitation?

Furthermore, the original question was not just, “can we specify a future time window.” I also asked what happens if we ask to defer? That was not answered.

Well, I wouldnt expect Support personnel to read through a conversation and pick up on additional questions raised through a thread. They’re probably looking at post #1 and responding strictly to that, unless they need to engage further, asking more info from the poster, etc.

I’d argue that she did answer “What happens if we ask to defer?”

She answered in the context of a question that was not specific to any certain situation that someone might defer. So, by default the only reason someone would defer is to wait for their air filter or final software.

If someone needs to know the process of what happens because they’re traveling for work for a month, and can they request a new 6 week window once they return home, then that is the question they need to ask.

2 Likes

I followed up on the support email, too, with these new questions. I expect a response soon. I’ll be sure to post any response for those in support of this inquiry.

1 Like

We ask that you reply to your email within 30 days to let us know what you prefer. We won’t start shipping until you reply.

If you notify us that you’re not ready right now or would prefer to delay, we will get in touch before October 31 / November 30 (depending on your order date) to ask again if you’re ready for delivery.

At present, we don’t have a tracking system for you to contact us and “resume shipment”. If we do develop such a system, we’ll email everyone who’s deferred their delivery with instructions.

9 Likes