What is Beta testing and why all the secrets, Explained

FDA LOL!

It’s kind of funny really, when I shelled out the money for this device, I, like many others were under the impression all of this stuff had already been done, and we were getting a product in December of 2015.

Beta’s can run for years, I’ve been in the Star Citizen “Beta” now for well over two years. Thankfully, I only have $60 tied up into it.

This is a different matter entirely.

1 Like

I agree with @willcfc. I read all the info and decided to make my purchase thinking that the product would start SHIPPING in late December 2015 as mentioned. I realize Beta testing would have to occur, but I assumed that was already in progress. “When you assume, you make an ass out of U and Me” Yeah, yeah, I know! But, still… I am happy to be a part of the experience. After shelling out the financy, I’m just gettin’ antsy in the pantsies!

1 Like

@willcfc and @kelly,

This thread is about Beta testing, not shipping dates.

But to reply, when I purchased my unit, I knew it was not finished and I would not be getting it until mid to end of this year.
Funny how I knew that going into it and you did not.
I wonder what I read that perhaps you did not read that gave me that info?

7 Likes

I had the same experience. I think people saw the video and purchased it based off that. I read through all the glow forge website and FAQs and made my decision based off that. If I had only watched the video then I would have assumed it was already in production

2 Likes

I posted this on Oct 15th.

5 Likes

You and Spike must be “special people” then pal. Take care.

3 Likes

He’s not your PAL, friend…

1 Like

I guess so. If your bummed just get a refund. Hard to complain when there is no risk

2 Likes

My apologies for getting (a little) off topic. But, I did mention Beta testing.

I do not see the need for rude responses. I did not mock your post. I actually liked reading your post @spike. I am not sure why you felt the need to attack me.

I did read, and perhaps, unfortunately, I misunderstood items of importance, but that is no call for being mean. I am human. Really? If THIS is what I can expect as part of the Glowforge community… sad.

Keep blogging and (apparently) entertaining the masses. I just come to this blog to gain understanding. That is the only reason I am here.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

I am sorry if you felt like it was an attack, It was not.
It was more of a question for the marketing. Seems that you are not the only person that came to a different conclusion. So in my eyes, that is more of a fail on the marketing, not you.

See, some of us “Logic thinkers” on the forum have a full understanding of the dates, but seems the “emotional thinkers” do not. So I am not blaming the readers, but the publishers for not putting out a clear message.

I hope this does not come off as an attack, as it’s not. If it does, I am sorry again.

4 Likes

It’s worth pointing out that there is some risk. Several Kickstarter companies have failed to deliver, like the drone company that raised $3.4m and then collapsed. Certainly not expecting that to be the case here, but would not classify it as “no risk.”

It’s worth pointing out that this is a Angle funded company with 9M injected. And not a Kickstarter
FYI.

2 Likes

Acute or Obtuse angle funded? :grin:
Sorry, I couldn’t help myself.

2 Likes

“Angle funded”
It’s all about the angle!
Now you know why I failed English…

2 Likes

@kelly, @willcfc, thanks for dropping in to share your thoughts. I’m sorry for the missed expectations; I never feel good when I hear that we miscommunicated to someone. I hope you still want your Glowforge, but if not, say the word and we’ll take care of a refund right away.

3 Likes

Thanks @spike

2 Likes

Thanks for responding @dan I am still very excited, and very much look forward to my GF! Keep doing what you do, and I will be patient. :smile:

4 Likes

Angel, I presume.

As far as the public testers go, this link should give us the running tally: http://community.glowforge.com/badges/101/beta-user