What is this forum coming to?

It’s midway through Thanksgiving day and I have yet to see a hand turkey.

I’m concerned. And also a bit disappointed. :wink:

I know that @dean especially has an affinity for hand turkeys.

Either way, I’m pretty thankful for this forum and its members, and the amazing, voluminous amount of knowledge that gets shared here.

Happy Thanksgiving, y’all - even if it’s not a holiday wherever you reside :slight_smile:

38 Likes

Not a hand turkey, but used Steph’s turkey pattern to make dinner favors:

24 Likes

Happy Hand Turkey Day to you too @jbmanning5 and all! Hope everyone is able to spend this day at peace and in the comfort of family (of blood or choice) and friends.

7 Likes

23 Likes

Elegant!

The texture on the leaf attached to the vine really adds a nice touch.

6 Likes

And a happy Thanksgiving to you, too…though where I am, it’s nearly over! I had one lonely Steph turkey on my table, but I had made more and given them away.

3 Likes

That’s even better than a whole rafter!

3 Likes

What’s a hand turkey?
Sounds a bit suspect to me!

3 Likes

Not made on the Glowforge … but, the first photo is my 3 year old Grandson’s traced turkey hands colored in … and the second one is his painted hand turkey.

21 Likes

What program do you use to create the jigsaw puzzle pattern

This is just a standard puzzle render from the Inkscape jigsaw plugin with no grid variation, etc. Only thing I can seem to use Inkscape for ha. I take it from there into Illustrator.

HE is adorable!

3 Likes

Not a handturkey, but took the opportunity to check on a few things with the recently setup Glowforge Pro:

• Whether Affinity Designer is up to the task of generating SVG (yes, just a few issues)
  • To gauge if the external vent setup was feasible (seems fine)
  • Noise level? 74db, or roughly a handheld vacuum cleaner.

In all, @Dan & team put out a solid product. Looking forward to exploring the capabilities of this machine. Happy Thanksgiving!

10 Likes

Congrats on receiving your pro! I’ve been using Affinity Designer with my basic since I got it in August. Have not had any issues that weren’t operator error. What an amazing machine this is!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m pretty crazy about the little guy.

1 Like

Adorable model for sure!!!

3 Likes

Phew! :smile:

2 Likes

What a cutie! That grin is adorable! :grinning:

3 Likes

my god these kids are adorable!

3 Likes

"I’m pretty crazy about the little guy."
I was skipping around the thread and thought you meant the Glowforge!

4 Likes