What is your maker's mark?

So I was looking through the search and I don’t think this thread has run before.

I want to see everyone’s maker’s mark. Some of yours is the same as your avatar but many of you its not, and some of you don’t have one and need to get on it. :grinning:

To get us going, here is mine. This is Nikko and I try to put him on everything that goes out to other people.

This is my friend Andy Burkey as another example. He is “seemore” as in see more, do more.

birkey

These are both faces but of course, they can come in any form you like. Post away!

18 Likes

I’ve been using this for a while. I have engraved this on the back of some of my pieces.

18 Likes

I like it. Simple and elegant.

9 Likes

Mine’s usually a fingerprint or smudge of glue or paint (sometimes blood) that’s then experienced a failed attempt at being removed…

22 Likes

Opas250px
Believe it or not, this lasers great in most materials…

21 Likes

In the handmade wooden puzzle world, the makers mark is called a “signature piece” and tends to be a silhouette shape of some kind. Here is mine for 3 Cat Max (because of course it has to be a cat!). This pic is of the back and my literal signature :joy_cat:

20 Likes

I have been using this since I got the machine. I just have to change the date each year.
Beau 2024 makers mark

16 Likes

Couldn’t resist! :sunglasses:

19 Likes

This is the internet answer.

8 Likes

I first used my gold fret when painting medieval scrolls, but it’s now been used on leather, wood, and acrylic too :slight_smile:

2016-07-21 12.05.49~2

16 Likes

I wasn’t going to participate in this conversation because I haven’t ever used this mark on any of my recent creations.

But this is how I would tag my art when I was drawing.

I should throw it into some of my creations I do now too.

19 Likes

I have never even thought about signing anything I have made. That’s something for artists.

9 Likes

Exactly. That is why I never thought of it either. This is so technical, but I guess it is art in a way also.

7 Likes

kind of a makers mark, but also the logomark of my logo (double u studio).

22 Likes

These are all impressive…I must give this some thought :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I really think that you are defining art a bit too narrowly. I don’t sign utility work but things that have that side to them? Will always. I said makers mark for a reason, Art goes waaaay beyond painting and sculpture .

11 Likes

For many years I’ve used this on things I make:

Huginn and Muninn, Odin’s ravens, made into a mark.

18 Likes

During the few times I actually was selling some physical items, I used this;

x

for Xabbess Laser

Don’t find much use for it anymore, though

17 Likes

Oh I agree with that but I still don’t think I am doing it. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I have been using my Evermore ambigram on some things:

Other things, like prints, get my first initial (usually with the year):

I have had others that I used in specific contexts but, this is what I am using now.

22 Likes