WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

Goats! It was probably goats.

5 Likes

My Proofgrade order (placed on the day of ‘The Email’) arrived early this week and my ‘included’ Proofgrade is now scheduled for early next week. Excitement for the GF tracking numbers is growing exponentially!

13 Likes

Curious, what was the total turn around time from the time you ordered PG material, to delivery? Where did it come from?

2 Likes

It took my order 7 days. Shipped from TN to NM. It is not uncommon for deliveries to take a little longer for my rural location than others in more populated areas of the country. I also had a handoff from UPS to USPS, which also adds time. That being said, don’t use my example as the norm.

1 Like

Well, if my experience holds true, you should get your shipping notification later today. I got my UPS notice for the included Proofgrade shipping in the morning, then the 2 box Glowforge notice later in the afternoon. Followed a bit later by the Glowforge e-mail.

Hope that is the case for you and it’s going on the truck right now.

3 Likes

I ship A LOT, so I was just looking for the info to plug into the time estimator I have stuck in my head. Gives me a good idea of what I can expect, which helps with material planning, which still never works out right anyway, so…:smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight! Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Here is a little more detail for your time estimator…

4 Likes

My oldest doing some 3d printing (maybe the last time in awhile, once the :glowforge: arrives I doubt it will see much use for some time) on the future home of the :glowforge:. You can see the window insert I fabricated yesterday for the pending laser exhaust.

Here is some of the laser consumables we have acquired during the 1.5 years we have been patently waiting.

Can anyone tell we are excited?

31 Likes

Somebody is super prepared! So looking forward to see what you do!

5 Likes

You’re a great parent having prepared such a great tech area for the offspring. Hats off to you.

3 Likes

That insert makes me feel very insecure about the … less advanced … one I made out of some foam sheathing and white spray paint. Nice work!

4 Likes

I happen to be in the process of making my insert today. I’m making one for a sliding door though, happen to have some MDF laying around and just cut it. I applied a coat of epoxy resin to seal it so now I wait til tonight to seal the other side before painting.

3 Likes

Had I not just spent my free time over two weeks replacing all our windows, I likely would not have gone to that extent. I happened to have some leftover trim from the project and the duct already on hand.

2 Likes

I appreciate your kind words. I am just happy my girls have diverse interests and can play along with me. Also lucky that my wife is a STEM teacher and makes full use of the digital tools as well.

6 Likes

Wow!!! You are so prepared!
:+1:

2 Likes

That is an awesome stash!! :+1:

2 Likes

I second that finish job on your vent. Looks like it grew there.

I can hardly believe how excited I am for all of you in your anticipation and final prep to take delivery! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Got my UPS notification for delivery tomorrow!!! :squeeee: It showed up on UPS My Choice this morning and then about 10:30 I got the email. So excited!!

35 Likes

:tada::gift::bangbang::sunglasses:
Great!

3 Likes