WHAT THE WHAT! PRODUCTION UNIT! :squee:

Congrats! I’m hurrying the week along till Thursday!

2 Likes

Congratulations!:tada:

1 Like

Wheeee! I know you’ll do great things with it. :grin::balloon::fireworks::confetti_ball::dizzy:

1 Like

UPS drove away at 7:03

Introducing Fawkes:

The proofgrade woods are arriving tomorrow, but we took delivery already of some proofgrade acrylics.

So the founders ruler is orange in our house.

47 Likes

Isn’t it wonderful?

You picked Fawkes!!! :squee:

Congrats! It’s a beauty!

10 Likes

Beautiful machine! Enjoy it so much!

1 Like

I can’t resist saying it…

How many Fawkes do you give?

12 Likes

That is just WRONG! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

What? There’s at least 4 possible Fawkes references and I just choose the one that fits the mindset I am in right now. LOL

5 Likes

So mine showed up with possible damage. :cry: The box was pretty beat up, but the :glowforge: looked ok in the box. UPS didn’t require a signature so they took off as soon as it was on the ground. I set it up and tried to open the door. It look a lot more force than I thought it should, so I started checking and it looks like something was tweaked slightly. The door rubs one side of the frame. :frowning: I have sent off the pictures and am awaiting a reply. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this! I hope it runs smoothly for you!

I’m scared for mine!

1 Like

Not necessarily. There’s a very tight fit on the door - I have to pry mine open as well. Doesn’t affect the performance of the machine, and keeps the smells down.

(That loosens up a bit over time too - mine’s much easier to open now.)

8 Likes

That is promising, but there is a visible scrape mark on the left side and the gaps on either side of the door aren’t the same. If it gets cleared, I am off to the races, as they say, but I prefer to wait until HQ clears it as normal.

4 Likes

:fearful:

6 Likes

Mine does too. Same issue with the different gap size side to side. I reported it. Doesn’t impact the operation.

4 Likes

No, nothing wrong with waiting to hear from them….I didn’t but I’m not the best example all the time. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Oh, man! That’s like having a scratch on a new car! Not the end of the world, of course, but it hurts!

Say what now?! I don’t think that’s right, is it?

It takes more force than I thought as well. MIGHT not be an issue.

So sorry to hear you’re having some issues! Hope they’re worked out quickly!!!

5 Likes

The deuce you say! XD

3 Likes

They said it is probably OK and want me to keep going, so I will do that once I get the material pack. I have to make a window cover anyway. :slight_smile:

5 Likes