What to buy to do projects with Non-Life sustaining businesses ordered to shut down in PA?

The governor of PA just shut down all non-essential and non-life sustaining business and manufacturing. Amazon will not be restocking non-essentials. What should I buy right now? I am still a newbie to GF and want to have options to make things but don’t even know what additional supplies to buy. So not startup things, but what do you buy to do custom pieces (paint, stain, gloss, what woods should I stock up on?)

Made on a Glowforge is for showcasing your creations made on your glowforge. I’ll move this to an appropriate forum.

Please share your pictures and stories of projects you’ve printed on your Glowforge! People here love seeing what you made.

3 Likes

Amazon: There is a lot of misinformation regarding this floating around. I am going to copy and paste the best explanation I have seen about this.

AMAZON - I have seen so many posts about them stopping. That’s NOT true. FBA is a service we use and pay Amazon for so our products can be stored in one of their warehouses and then shipped quickly by them.

So say I made bracelets. I send 25 to the warehouse they choose. Months later, Sally forgets her friends birthday, goes on Amazon looking for a quick delivery gift and buys my bracelet. Amazon ships it and Sally’s friend gets it in 1-2 days.

Amazon is no longer allowing me to use their warehouse space for bracelets just medical supplies etc. You can still find my bracelet on Amazon, you just have to wait for me to make it, mail it and USPS to deliver it.

5 Likes

Here is the actual announcement to FBA sellers. Anything bold, I added.

Temporarily prioritizing products coming into our fulfillment centers

We are closely monitoring the developments of COVID-19 and its impact on our customers, selling partners, and employees.

We are seeing increased online shopping, and as a result some products such as household staples and medical supplies are out of stock. With this in mind, we are temporarily prioritizing household staples, medical supplies, and other high-demand products coming into our fulfillment centers so that we can more quickly receive, restock, and deliver these products to customers.

For products other than these, we have temporarily disabled shipment creation. We are taking a similar approach with retail vendors.

This will be in effect today through April 5, 2020, and we will let you know once we resume regular operations. Shipments created before today will be received at fulfillment centers.

You can learn more about this on this Help page. Please note that Selling Partner Support does not have further guidance.

We understand this is a change to your business, and we did not take this decision lightly. We are working around the clock to increase capacity and yesterday announced that we are opening 100,000 new full- and part-time positions in our fulfillment centers across the US.

We appreciate your understanding as we prioritize the above products for our customers.

Thank you for your patience, and for participating in FBA.

Basically, if it’s currently in their warehouse, you’ll still get it quick. They are not allowing incoming shipments unless they are considered essential supplies. I can’t ship them puzzles, but Charmin can ship them toilet paper.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.