What to do with this accidential find solid maple strips

it gets to a point when you realize you have to take the festool to the task

23 Likes

Two oil coats

30 Likes

Beautiful.

2 Likes

So, are you excited to cut on it for the first time… or terrified of marring it after all your hard work?
Keeps looking nicer and nicer.

2 Likes

it’s my brothers project I’m just the helper but he’s hoping to give it a belly like the 100 year old blocks

5 Likes

That really is beautiful… Now I’m thinking you should have carved out a little circle in the center of the block ( when assembling) and put in a 2016 penny :slight_smile:

1 Like

interesting idea :bulb:

Sorry just found this thread, but I have used food colouring to stain wood. Dilute with some water and go to town. Not perfect, but you can get some nice results. I made some play blocks for the young one that way. EVER GOES IN MY MOUTH age right now.

3 Likes

Sorry forgot to post finished. My brother decided to go with a basic open frame to support the weight that also allowed him to put slats in to support pots and pans. Mounted on casters for mobility, the block is also gravity mounted so it can come out of the frame if desired and as the pots are supported by running slats the block bottom is flat and clean

When my kitchen is done we also have a dozen or so multi wood cutting boards to work on before easter

27 Likes

Wow! That is just stunning! (Congrats on getting it up the steps…I wasn’t sure you’d pull it off without crippling someone!) :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, you really made a fabulous, useful item out of all that scrap!

But is it wide enough for the Glowforge?

2 Likes

I don’t imagine you will have to worry about anyone walking away with that one. :grin:

That is a beautiful job and will last many lifetimes…

5 Likes

24x24 so no

1 Like

Very nice! I like the pot storage, great idea.
Excellent use of the scrap, heirloom quality :+1:

3 Likes

Very impressive. It never ceases to amaze me what the application of inspiration, talent, sweat and muscle can achieve. Well done! - Rich

1 Like

Is gorgeous ! I don’t think it will fit through the pass thru though. (And even the pro won’t cut it…) :grin:

1 Like

Looks nice!

I expected that you could just stick the pots and pans to the sides of it due to its own gravitational field…:slight_smile: (sorry, retread of old joke)

4 Likes

Credit he’s to my brother it was his concept and skill i was just the labor

3 Likes