What you do for a living?

Not necessarily wrong if they’re cross-sold into the dental space.

7 Likes

Full time photographer. Mainly weddings, but also everything else under the sun. Self taught. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

I’m retired now, but have a BA in Physics and my first post-college job was doing R&D on membrane separations in Balzac, Alberta. That transitioned to anaerobic digestion of biomass for methane production, then back into separations to remove salts from wastewater and chemical process streams and finally a couple years making nano-materials. Along the way, I spent a year on the startup team for the 1st (and only) hazardous wast treatment facility in Hong Kong, just before the hand over to China.

Now I do a bit of moonlight machining in my home shop which has a Tormach CNC mill and one of their lathes as well as the other usual metalworking tools. Looking forward to expanding my skill set with a GF.

16 Likes

I work in a rock quarry, I crush rocks mostly :grin:

21 Likes

I am a self-employed product development engineer, I run a 3D printing service through 3D Hubs, and I run the North American support center for a 3D printer manufacturer. When I am not working, I design products that I hope someday will help people. I also design props for cosplay for my girlfriend and me.
If anyone is interested in it, this product is my first to go to production: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/meet-the-smart-cube-tech-that-protects-security-family#/
I did much of the mechanical system design. I also designed a custom control board for and built the prototypes you see in the video. This is one of a family of products that the company is hoping to release over time, based on the success of the SmartCube project.

16 Likes

Virtual reality producer/game and feature designer.

14 Likes

I’m a programmer that works for a Video Production Equipment company (Ross Video).

12 Likes

I’m the systems administrator for the computer science department at Harvey Mudd College. Basically I babysit the computers and threaten them when they misbehave. Most of the time they stop acting up as soon as I arrive. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Interesting product idea! Glad to see that you guys got over 200% of your goal so far.

2 Likes

Your study into methane production, was that for mass production for commercial sales or methane production due to waste decomposition in landfills?

CPA…I do taxes for our Hedge Fund Clients.

A lot of it today revolves around designing, creating & improving excel templates to automate things as much as possible (which I love), co-managing the group of about 50 people, training, managing client relations, etc.

11 Likes

Can I ask what studio and what games and which HMD? I ask because I love everything VR :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m working at the local University of Applied Sciences as a graphic designer. 50% of my job is working at the in-house graphics department which I’m one third of. The other 50% I’m teaching typography at the postdigital lab as well as doing Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop tutorials for our students. Next to that I enjoy working as a free lancer.

11 Likes

I want to remain coy, but I am working at a cool small company, on most of the popular platforms. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I am a CPA. Was owner of a small defense contracting company that specialized in systems engineering and various other technical fields. Hobbies vary from different formats of crafts, not to mention other interests.

8 Likes

I’m a recovering Engineer who is now a professional 3D Artist. Here’s some of my work:
loco4polys

16 Likes

Yes, you are. (Nice dragon.):slight_smile:

4 Likes

Much obliged!

I’m a Commercial Pilot on LAN Chile (now LATAM Airlines). Flying to Miami for work is one of the main reasons I could buy the Glowforge, shipping to Chile is too expensive.

14 Likes

I am currently a doctor+, with a convoluted background.

I started out in the factory automation space, doing programming for control software and PLCs at a division of Allen-Bradley (now Rockwell), transitioned into IT, doing in house development at Boston Consulting Group, and in my 30s realized I wanted to be a doctor so went to the NYU school of medicine, trained at NYU Bellevue Hospital in internal medicine, and ironically then did a clinical informatics fellowship (computer science in medicine) and now am at Harvard Medical School practicing as a Hospitalist and running the software development team for clinical informatics. I also do a lot of surgical device design, with 2 (soon 3 with my SLA coming soon) 3D printers, plus my x-carve. I also have more arduinos, RPis, Edisons, and dragon boards than I can count scattered amongst the robot parts, etc…

24 Likes