What's in a name?

Usually, out of respect, I call the Glowforge by it’s rightful name. Occasionally, I will refer to it as the GF. Just this evening, I realized that GF also stands for the latest and ubiquitous term, Gluten Free. To other owners, the initials are obvious…but nothing appears to be sacred anymore. Just a passing observance.

1 Like

I’m happy to admit to be a GF Glowforger. Lol

Or Girlfriend… Rather fitting with how much I love it. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Wait till my wife sees my new GF…:wink:

4 Likes

Or how much you spent on her. :0

5 Likes

:grin:

Love the girlfriend joke. I am guilty of referring to it as GF on these forums but I kind of agree that we should be referring to it as Glowforge. I mean I doubt anyone will actually say “GF” but I do feel like I’m cheating when I write it lol

I always read GF as girlfriend, unless I invest some mental effort to not do so. Which is why I call it the Forge. I would call it the GlowForge more often, but I cannot keep myself from the double caps, which makes it look a bit odd since nobody else seems to do it. So I feel good with the use of Forge.

I don’t know how many eons, decades? the letters GF have stood for girlfriend, but it must have gone over my head or passed me by in some way. It’s cute, though!

1 Like

It actually doesn’t have double caps in the name

I figured it doesn’t. But I have a bad habit of random caps :slight_smile:

Haha- it never even occurred to me to read GF as girlfriend until someone pointed it out! I do like @jacobturner’s solution of the Forge.

I did gluten free for a bit to support a friend and develope gluten free desserts… When ever I posted GF recipes, a different smart allic friend used to always say…oh…more “Girl Friend” food…lol

1 Like

And now there will be new meaning. When you come up with some kind of cool combo to use in your Glowforge, it will truly be another GF recipe.

1 Like