Whats on your grill?

I has a jalapeño infused honey with bacon glaze.

3 Likes

“Hong Sao” pork belly burnt ends and Santa Maria tri tip.

9 Likes

Yuuuuummmm!!! It’s 8 in the morning here and now I want brisket and banana pudding!!

4 Likes

How do you make those burnt ends?

1 Like

Catching up on this thread before going to sleep was a bad idea lol. So hungry now

3 Likes

I fixed that by being at my local Kroger when the doors opened at 5am. Just rubbed a nice rack of ribs, that will give them a few hours to marinate before they go in the kamado early this afternoon. Asian sesame coleslaw dressing up next…

5 Likes

I just had the ribs we slow cooked last night for breakfast! Had ribs on the brain all night and we were out of eggs…

8 Likes

I often think about opening a biscuit restaurant, and a rib biscuit would be the highlight…

5 Likes

What’s on my grill right now? The grill cover.

I like the other stuff in this thread better.

9 Likes

For completeness…

Noon:

19:00ish:

I might have rib on a bagel for breakfast…

10 Likes

My favorite veggie to grill is large Portobello mushroom caps. Marinated in red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, s&p, served with arugula on homemade hamburger buns (I used the King Arthur recipe) slathered with garlic aoli. You won’t miss beef burgers. This is what we had 2 nights ago. Except I decided to use some lemon artichoke pesto instead of the aoli, because it was already made.

4 Likes

Ooooo that looks awesome.

@cynd11 everything sounds great except for the mushroom part, ever since I was young I couldn’t do the taste or texture of a mushroom. I grew up on hotdogs and twinkies. :frowning:

1 Like

You might still want to give them a try. The large Portabello caps are more burger-like and less mushroom-like. Not slimy.

Here’s where I got the recipe:
https://www.weber.com/US/en/recipes/veggies/portabello-mushroom-sandwiches/weber-3620.html

1 Like

It sounds good, I really need to broaden my narrow palate to do this. Today I am going to start to make tempeh for the first time, which is just a cake of fungus, so it is time for me to grow up and eat my veggies!!!

Thank you for the recipe!

3 Likes

All this talk of veggies has me looking forward to all the meat that will be on sale tomorrow!

2 Likes

Agh! Don’t dry rub it in!

2 Likes

:rofl:

If we weren’t intended to eat them, why are they made out of meat!!??

(and ribs… and butt… )

8 Likes

If it weren’t for health, I would be all about it. Down 32 lbs now, blood pressure is now normal and I can drink coffee again!

Roasting the morning brew.

7 Likes

My entire family loves mushrooms…except my daughter. Even when I used to chop them up extremely small (like I would hide them in the gyoza filling), she would find every chunk and spit it out onto her plate. I didn’t even think a toddler would be able to tell, but now she’s 14…and she still does it.

2 Likes

I can understand that!!!