Wheelbarrow for a Gnome

First share so I’m hoping all the attachments work. A friend who makes and sells gnomes asked me to design a little wheelbarrow for one of them. This is what I ended up with.

Wheelbarrow final

I have to thank all of the fabulous designs on this forum for sharing their ideas as this is a conglomeration of many things i’ve seen seen in previously shared designs. I wish I could remember all their names. I used 1/16th in baltic birch and used boxes.py for the box design. It is a tight fit, no glue, but a rubber mallet required. the axel is a toothpick with small beads on the outsides. The wheel does turn, but it isn’t meant to be a toy, just a gnome accessory. The handles/stand are just glued to the bottom of the box using gorilla wood glue. It will take around 30 minutes to print/cut on wheelbarrow if you engrave the wood pattern on the box. I also made a couple without the engrave that we then painted bright red and they are very cute and a lot faster to make.

72 Likes

Thanks for the share. This is a very nice wheelbarrow.

3 Likes

thanks

1 Like

opps, correction, it is designed for 1/8" wood. That will make a difference in the fit. I used proof grade med basswood ply for the settings

2 Likes

Wow, thanks!

Here, I cleaned it up a little and removed a double-cut on the axle hole.
Wheelbarrow final

12 Likes

Did you mean to have four wheels? In your picture, it looks like you have only two at most?

Also, it looks like it removed your bitmaps. You might need to compress the file and upload the “zip”?

1 Like

That is just adorable!! Thanks for the share!

3 Likes

That’s very cute! I put gnomes on all the Christmas gifts I mailed out last year. (We had a gnome theme going!) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

This is absolutely adorable.

3 Likes

Really cute!

2 Likes

This is so cool! I’m going to make one for a friend (yup, she’s got an indoor garden gnome). Thank you for sharing this fun design.

1 Like

Very cute! Thank you!

1 Like

It’s really cute! Thank you.

You may know this, but if you’re just engraving the straight lines, a score will be faster.

That is so cute! Thanks for sharing! And thank you for adding what materials you used and how you put it together.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate your input. I am still learning how to clean up the files

Thanks for the question. I should have addressed that. I ended up using two wheels glued together in the final design, because I liked the look, but also tried three, which is why there are 4 wheels in the svg file. Anyone making it can certainly delete one or two of them.

1 Like

So friggin cute! Thanks for the generous share.

The engrave is the wood design I used on the outside of the sides and bottom of the box. It isn’t just straight lines but the wood grain between the lines. Maybe this is related to @bill.m.davis comment that the bit map was removed?

1 Like

Here is the zipped file which includes the wood grain engraving. I also got rid of the two extra wheels. ( I figured it was easier for newer users if they didn’t have to delete anything.) Wheelbarrow final.svg.zip (2.2 MB)

6 Likes

So cute! You did really well.