When Glowforge meets Fashion and Chocolate

Hi Community! First time i dare to publish one of my projects made with my glowforge unit. Must say that this is the first time i made a dress in such short time.

Finally after more than 2.5 years patiently waiting i have been able to use my glowforge unit. This year i had the immense pleasure to present this youth yummy and fresh dress at the inaugural night of the 6th Chocolate Fair in Brussels. Yeah well you got it! All the black “lace” is made out of… CHOCOLATE! A dark chocolate combined with glucose and black edible colour. Hope you like when Art meets food, meets fashion.

More pictures of my work on my instagram: Chokolate Designs (@chokolatedesigns) • Instagram photos and videos

59 Likes

Everything on your Instagram is “Wow!” - especially this dress.

8 Likes

Fabulous!

3 Likes

Magnificent! And your other chocolate creations are beyond belief! :grinning:
(Wait until @dan sees this one!)

4 Likes

That is amazing. Even if it was not made out of chocolate. You did an wonderful job at putting the pieces together to look as one work of art!

3 Likes

That is incredible! I hope you continue to share with us!

3 Likes

Absolutely awesome!!! and delicious as well!!!

4 Likes

Wonderful work, you are practiced and very talented! I especially like the Maya inspired pieces. :sunglasses:
Thank you for sharing your special skill with us! I had no idea such beautiful art could be manifest with chocolate…
And welcome to the forum! Please continue to share your inspiration.

4 Likes

Well, this is certainly new and exciting! I never would have thought…genius design and concept.

2 Likes

Beautiful work.

3 Likes

Oh man, you are going to make so many beautiful and amazing things with your glowforge

3 Likes

Stunning! Magnificent art work!! Now I’m off to find something chocolate!

3 Likes

“Wow” does not do justice to your dress creation–or your other work. Absolutely gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Your creations are truly amazing! I would be torn between wanting to admire them and wanting to eat them. It’s a good thing I live really far away (although I’d bet these things are even more amazing when viewed in person).

3 Likes

Just wow, and some more wow…

oh and now I am hungry. just swell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Many thanks ALL for your warm welcome. Your comments made me a blast. Hope to be able to use my unit at its best capacity. A newbee loving technology and getting my hands on new areas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This I think was the primary mission of the founders, to innovate and simplify laser technology from what had formally been the exclusive club of well healed tech enthusiasts and businesses, and bring it to the general public… And man, did they nail it!

I bought this thing without a clue of how to use it, and it was this community who helped educate me. This tool and these people gave me my new creative superpower!

We are fortunate to have you add your artistic skill and experience to our collective here. I doubt you will find a more friendly or resourceful environment for the exploration of your laser anywhere.

2 Likes

Bienvenue! All of your work is incroyable!

2 Likes

Incredible work in your instagram feed!