When Glowforge meets Fashion and Edible Art

Good morning everyone!

After my last project of framing the chocolate fox head, it was time for me to start thinking about a new edible project for Creativa ( a Belgian Arts & Crafts fair). I really thought last year that it was time for me to hang up, after 5 years in a raw participating to the so famous Salon du Chocolat fashion show, so i politely declined this year’s invitation. But guess what, the Belgian Arts & Crafts fair was not that different… they asked to create again a new edible dress… oh damn i coudn’t say no… i’m a lost cause!

The theme was haute couture and spring. So instead of doing bright colourful flowers during daylight i thought of a moonlight night palette of colours, combined to Japanese ornaments.

I entitled this dress Tsuki no hikari. All the ornaments were cut with my glowforge, then I applied a thin layer of chocolate and hand cut all over. Took ages omg whereas glowforge average to cut a print was 8 minutes it took me at least 1h-ish for each print. As regards the maples leaves, hortensias and magnolias these were made out of wafer paper and airbrushed with edible colors in the same camaïeu as the inner fabric.

Getting my files ready.

The magical moment when you hit the blue botton.

Was just the perfect size to fit the back :slight_smile:

Working during my lunch time on this aside project (actually, I’m a full time legal assistant btw)

But also early in the mornings before going to work - time to add the chocolate clay!

Endless took hours to hand cut the chocolate layer - split the work on several days

To act less like an automated robot at 4AM I tried to alternate sewing and cutting.

Almost all fixed - my fingers are on fire!

It’s weekend i can finally work on the wafer paper flowers during daylight
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8RACoHnmH_/

The inner fabric side of the strapeless dress is done so as all the wafer paper flowers

Hope you like the project and how it ended up for a selftaught versatile hobbyist.

61 Likes

Amazing!

7 Likes

That’s beyond amazing! We need a bigger word… :thinking:

8 Likes

Amazing!

Better? :wink:

17 Likes

This is simply stunning…and almost otherworldly. Really, no words do it justice.

4 Likes

It was incredible when I thought it was fabric - that it’s chocolate is just draw dropping
Your design aesthetic is beautiful

6 Likes

You win, hands down. Not sure what you’ve won, but you’ve definitely won it. This is incredible work and you should be proud of this!

10 Likes

Mind. Blown.

(To think… I get excited when my box joints fit together…)

11 Likes

I don’t think hobbiest is the right word here. World class artist seems to fit better. Absolutely amazing piece, thank you for sharing it with us!

9 Likes

Just WOW!

4 Likes

Your artistic vision realized in chocolate and wafer paper is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

4 Likes

:exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: A fashion Banquet! :crazy_face: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Good morning. Your work is perfection. Thank you so much for sharing the GF possibilities.

4 Likes

That is so far outside the realm of anything I could do… bravo!

3 Likes

Phenomenal.

4 Likes

It’s always good to see projects like this that bring a whole new set of techniques, multiple innovations all at once. Just excellent.

6 Likes

Your work is fantastic!

3 Likes

That is bonkers! Thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful creation.

4 Likes

I’ve loved watching photos of these chocolate fashion shows over the years, and my mind is blown now that we have someone with a Glowforge making these out of this world edible creations! Your artistry and skill is outstanding!

5 Likes

This is just jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Your creativity is off the charts!!

2 Likes