When Life Give You Lemons

Very pretty. It could also be quite a big cat toy to bat about.

2 Likes

Rory kept trying to find a way to crawl inside it.

4 Likes

It looked like his house, maybe he thought you shrunk it :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes, so fun for the cool cats and kittens. Love anything polyhedral created.

3 Likes

This is the sort of thing hot glue is excellent for, it bonds nearly instantly and is fairly elastic.

5 Likes

@evansd2 thanks for reminding me that I have owned a hot glue gun for almost a year and have yet to plug it in! totally using it for this.

7 Likes

MeowCat Habitat. Itā€™s a little bigger than I was expectingā€¦ Iā€™m not actually sure where this will fit in our little house. Guess Iā€™ll find out this evening!

Thanks @shogun, the design was perfect. I added a base for a little more stability (but I did it with an exacto knife like some kind of neanderthal :slight_smile: )
and also thanks @evansd2, hot glue gun made this come together quick and easy! How have I never used one of these before?

16 Likes

I love this. I suggest that it goes on any kitchen counter or maybe the center of the table where you might want to eat.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great! I love the modifications.

3 Likes

Yeah hot glue plus cardboard is essentially instant bonding. I find that it sets within a second or two. Might be that my glue gun doesnā€™t run super hot but there it is.

6 Likes

just make sure you understand what animal will be using it. iā€™m going to make some of these for the small animal companion room at the shelter, but i canā€™t use hot glue because rabbits/guineas will be chewing on the cardboard and that would be bad for them.

8 Likes

Our cats will either sit in it, ignore it, or pee inside itā€¦ but they wonā€™t chew on it!

3 Likes

yeah, cats are safe. itā€™s the pet breeds that chew on things you have to watch for. iā€™m guessing almost everyone would use it for a cat. but just in caseā€¦

3 Likes

Hmm what would you use then? Iā€™d guess elmers white glue is pretty non toxic?

7 Likes

yeah, elmers white would be good. and i think tightbond should be ok, since itā€™s foodsafe (itā€™s what people use to make cutting boards).

7 Likes

The Elmerā€™s will probably give you a longer set time. The tightbond was set in less than a minute.

7 Likes

Girlfriend liked it, and I found a good spot for it, but it turns out our cats are too fat to fit through a single triangle so Iā€™ve had to make some adjustments to the openings. Will try to tempt them in again tonight.

9 Likes

Looks great. What about some treats and a blanket inside to tempt them to go inside?

4 Likes

a small handful of kitty kibble was enough to get one cat in just past her shoulders last night. Enhanced opening should do it. Iā€™ll try to get a photo. Gotta keep the opening small enough that the dog doesnā€™t poke her head in there and steal the treats.

7 Likes

The lamp is fabulous!

Happy cake day!

2 Likes