Where are Snapmarks?

Agree with everything you say. I was just being pedantic with not wanting to say camera instead of head. I tend not to think of the physical head camera as all the set of components needed to provide the macro digital images and digital position information for Snapmarks. My problem, not yours. Saying the head camera is just fine.

So you are saying that if you want to keep Snapmarks you have to keep your head?

1 Like

Yes, when everyone else is losing theirs.

1 Like

And without a head (camera), some alignments are messy. Good information in the discussion, Thanks all.

Print and cut would be basically the same situation as I am talking about. Set focus I have used many times in the same piece to get very accurate X-Y location but getting dead on rotation can take extra hours of setting up opening the lid and scooching a fraction of a degree, go through the set focus routine to discover it is still off a hair, and go through it again.

Usually, it is because I am using the total width of a piece of wood. Why 3" wide wood is such a standard I do not know :roll_eyes: but cutting a 3" piece from 3" wood ends up something I do a lot.

2 Likes

Except that it did happen. And you contributed to discussions about it.

The features changed during the beta phase, but itā€™s actually the primary reason I subscribed in the first place.

Yep. It did.

1 Like

Yikes! I would have found myself agreeing with both @dan84 and @eflyguy. I donā€™t recall that ever happening, either.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to see that.

Every official reference to snapmarks includes ā€œbetaā€ or ā€œexperimentā€. I never expected it to stick around for those of us that had it.

Is there any way to obtain a head with camera so Snapmarks can work again?

All heads have a camera. Itā€™s used to set the beam focus.

Snapmark functionality was granted to a limited group of owners with machines capable of using it back during the test/beta/experiment starting around Sep 2018.

Your best bet would be to email support and see what they say.

1 Like

Technically everyone is correct. Snapmarks was planned to eventually be a Premium feature and the company was taking steps with all the head alignment work to make that happen. But that work has yet to be completed.

So yes, Dan said Snapmarks was planned to eventually be a Premium only feature and yet it never got in the official Premium feature list. But he also said if you had Snapmarks and not Premium you would lose Snapmarks. Donā€™t know if that ever happened or not, since I am both.

Snapmarks was dangled as a carrot to be an early subscriber to Premium.

4 Likes

Thank you. I had to go back to make sure I hadnā€™t imagined it.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. I thought my memory hadnā€™t completely failed me.

2 Likes

I have been waiting for Support. I had bought a new warranty machine for my original kickstarter machine that did have Snapmarks that worked so well. But he new machine did not have Snapmarks. I assumed that functionality on the new machine should have been the same as my original machine and would have Snapmarks.

I found one instance where they publicly stated they were making an exception and enabled it for someone with a repaired/replacement machine, but this was years ago.

Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.