Whipped up a little Graduation Gift

The wife says "Hey you should make something on the Glowforge for Logan’s graduation(future son in law). I say sure let me think on it. Well here is what Beamer and I made. Daughter double prime did the india ink “coloring” on oak plywood from Menard’s.

it is made so that we can add his Master’s degree next fall. Clever eh?

29 Likes

Very cute!

8 Likes

I hereby move that we make all diplomas look more like this going forward :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The Dr. whatshisface india ink just killed it for the coloring.

11 Likes

I like the little base you made to stand it up

7 Likes

Wonderful!

7 Likes

thanks, the bolts they had at Lowes were either too short or far too long. I will be swapping them out for the right size when he gets his masters and we add that layer and the spacer.

i was really happy with how it turned out. just like I envisioned. the coloring worked better than expected.

11 Likes

This turned out awesome!

8 Likes

Looks great!

8 Likes

Wow! I think this will be a big hit! Will be a favorite gift!

7 Likes

Looks great

7 Likes

You had me at ‘whipped up’. Besides the precision and control, the ability to do that on a whim is what I love about this tool.
Wonderful whimsical design in that, nice work.

7 Likes

Came out great! It’s unique, and it’s great that you planned ahead. (He’d better earn that degree now!)

4 Likes

LOL, he’s actually half way there. and he is a very focused kid. So no doubts on his getting the next one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is really sad how little I’ve gotten to use BEAMER. he arrived two weeks before we began the move to a new house and the subsequent sale of a house, and so on and so on. It was just great to get to post about something I made with BEAMER.

4 Likes

He was quite surprised and his whole family commented on it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes