Whoa Nellie! There's a Downside to that Venting! šŸ˜–

My five a.m. wakeup callā€¦

28 Likes

Still too cold to have the windows open at nightā€¦ (then it really wakes you up); we have one that walks right past the bedrooom.better than stepping on these though :scorpion:

6 Likes

Donā€™t DO that when Iā€™m drinking coffee! Spew!

6 Likes

Pepe le Pew heard there was a new ā€œpew-pewā€ in town, and swung by to check it out. :smile:
(Whole yard stinks nowā€¦at least the smell inside the house has faded somewhat.)

I love spring. I can hear the mockingbirds firing up now.

12 Likes

ā€¦and here everyone says lasering leather is bad!

9 Likes

Quick, burn some acrylic to displace the odor! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Or I could laser some eggsā€¦they stink a bit. (Oh jeezā€¦I wonder if thatā€™s what drew the skunkā€¦they eat eggs.)

Uh-oh! :open_mouth:

10 Likes

Considering they emit that foul stench, what the hell could you use to repel a skunk?

Non Sequitur if I recall, the forest animals are gathered around a skunk and a deer is holding his noseā€¦ " Oh man! I told you a surprise party was a bad idea!"

9 Likes

When I am cutting eggs with my dental drill some can smell really bad. I think it maybe the inner lining in the shell burning. The Glowforge would be a lot faster than cutting them by hand and less dusty.

7 Likes

Yeah, I drill them with a Dremel to blow them - same stink for that process.

4 Likes

Itā€™s so cool that there are so many egg artists in this group! I thought I was a freak or something.

6 Likes

we are. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Eggs are just such cool little containers for so many things! :smile:

Speaking of which, (everybody), if youā€™re gonna do eggs, better start blowing a few in advance. I really ran through my stash in a flat hurry.

7 Likes

Also, get free range eggs. They are supposed to be sturdier (thicker shells).

8 Likes

Generally yes. Thicker yolks and whites too. If you know anyone who keeps ducks, those are some good strong shells tooā€¦ and they make a mean omelet!

6 Likes

I can attest to this. A friend ended up with more eggs than he could sell this year so we get several dozen any time we ask. Shells are much harder, and like @jbv said, their yolks are thicker, and darker. I end up boiling a lot since weā€™ve been getting so many, you really have to put a little more effort into cracking them, compared to the commercially raised one :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yep! Hubby used to work with a woman whoā€™d bring in farm fresh (free range) eggs every week. Taste was richer, shells were thicker, and I loved all of the pretty and unusual colored shells. I dubbed her the egg fairy.

We relocated so that he could work in a different office, and thatā€™s one of the few things that I miss. On the plus side, we have enough space to raise our own nowā€¦

4 Likes

Yep, Iā€™ve had to deal with skunks far too often. :dizzy_face:

Also yes, my farm raised chickens have much thicker eggs.
They are also all shades of brown and green.
Every one of them more delicious than any you can get in the store.

8 Likes