Why aren’t we getting any perks for having to wait for our filters?

Not parse words…

Contracts arise from all sorts of things, but are essentially “promises that the law will enforce.”

A contract does not need to be a “document”, and they can indeed be as fluid as the parties mutually agree upon when circumstances change.

Here’s a better description than I’ll ever write.

3 Likes

And you’re getting it. They didn’t promise X months. The addendum was “to the end of.”

You’ve also seem to miss where I said your point is valid from that view. Maybe @dan will be able to extend the discount benefits again to help compensate. I mean I’m still waiting on UPS to not destroy a :glowforge: on its way to me and this is #4. I’ve missed a months worth of cutting. From a perspective like yours, UPS owes me for whatever lost benefits from their incompetence. Never gonna happen.

At the end of the day, it is what it is and life continues. I chose to make the most of it.

2 Likes

Whoa! I think I completely missed GF Delivery Attempt #3. When did that happen?

It didn’t. It got a “return to sender” call stuck on it mid transit.

Oh, I remember that. For some reason I thought that was #2.

Lol…nah.
#2 made it all the way to the local depot where UPS declared it a lost cause and sent it back.

Dude, it’s getting hard to keep up with all of your delivery failures. I’m guessing the next one will disintegrate on the production line. Seriously, though, I hope the next one is perfect. What you’ve gone through over the last few weeks is probably much worse than having to wait 2 years.

2 Likes

Really having the one be a dud was hardest. Though I do have to admit to a bit of anger and annoyance at UPS for the 2nd. After that it comes back to the same as waiting for two years. It’ll get here and be awesome when it does.

Ironically, my phone tried to suggest “when it dies.” :shudder:

5 Likes

I think that means your phone is jealous of your Glowforge. That would explain everything! #ConspiracyTheory

4 Likes

What - #4?! How awful. Dude, I’m so sorry.

2 Likes

Perhaps a friendly suggestion to your local UPS crew that they not punt your packages down a flight of stairs into traffic before dragging them to your house behind the truck would help. Good luck with their next attempted delivery.

2 Likes

Lol…sounds about the same as put the bullseye…errr fragile stickers on the packages, only specifically to my house. :persevere:

No, I’m not. The ability to take advantage of the discount only begins once the unit has shipped. I may get it in the future – that remains to be seen. I have a projected date to begin the discounts in approximately June of next year (if my unit + filter ship approx six weeks from the estimated email date of May 4, 2018). If the filter gets delayed to, say, Dec. 2018, then the discounts will expire before I receive my unit.

Ah, but that only takes into account the addendum end date. It had a beginning date as well – December 2016. With a begin and end date, it’s simple math to determine the number of months included.

You are correct. Even after carefully rereading every comment of yours in this thread, I am still missing it.

Good grief, you’ve had a terrible delivery experience. I hope the next one works out. That being said, my perspective would not be to blame UPS for what seems to be, in at least 2/3 of the scenarios, a GF problem. First unit was a “dud”. Second unit UPS damaged. Third unit the factory recalled mid-trip. Additionally, I would only think UPS owed you something if they had put it in writing that they would do so.

1 Like

They may not offer perks because… if they haven’t got it to work yet, they may be anticipating having to refund the cost of the air filters to everyone who purchased one?

2 Likes

That’s a possibility, and they would be wise to hold off on incentives if they are uncertain about getting it to work. However, I strongly hope that they are able to work out the issues.

Hope that helps.

See they have a start date and an end date. That applies equally to everyone. Fair.
You’re doing the math and concluding that they must have meant to say “this much time to take advantage” when they didn’t do so. I see your logic and don’t deny the viewpoint. Just trying to point out it’s based on assumption of what the intended effect was.

It was “to be used within this time frame”
Not “here’s this much time to use”

You can buy a ticket to see a movie. If the movie has already started, they don’t owe you however much time you missed. You missed it.

In this case I got to the movie theater on time, but I’m being prevented from entering the movie theater to enjoy the full benefit of my ticket. You either can’t see that or choose not to see it. Either way, it doesn’t change the reality for many of us fellow forgers. Peace out.

2 Likes

And don’t forget that others are being let in to see the whole movie. You just can’t

3 Likes

Yep!! Thank you! I should’ve stated that but at day 63894337854 of this debate, I assumed it was implied. :wink:

Totally see it.
The movie theater won’t generally care that the lines are so long and moving so slow that you can’t get in. If you create enough commotion maybe they’ll comp you another ticket or maybe some free popcorn but they just as likely won’t. And those vouchers have an expiration date. They’ve got the money either way. Same idea here. Glowforge has the money. The voucher has an expiration
I’m actually not trying to get you to change your opinion to a differing one. I’m also not trying to defend Glowforge. I’m trying to point out that neither really has a moral absolute here. The difference here is I acknowledge the differing and am trying to point out the validity of both.

1 Like