Why buy when I can build it with the GF... my marker holder!

I was at Michaels looking for a couple things and remembered I really needed something to hold a bunch of Testors paint markers I have for foam crafting. In looking around the store, I thought… this is dumb, I can make something on the Glowforge. So using some orange acrylic and some EVA scrap i made a box to hold my paint markers and still have the color labels easily shown. A little hot glue and bingo! I’ll likely be making a lot more things like this.

31 Likes

Very nice! I could use a dozen! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yea I could of got way fancier but this was far more about a functional application and sitting in my workshop. I’m probably going to make one now to hold my airbrush paints :slight_smile:

1 Like

The airbrush paint rack is on my to-do list for a while now… The paint table is a right mess!! :slight_smile:
Great job on practical projects!!

2 Likes

Yes exactly! Looking around I’m like… I need a little order to this chaos haha :slight_smile:

1 Like

Eva foam for the insert part is a great idea!

2 Likes

Sweet! How hard was t to cut the EVA? I keep getting wonderful deep scores but that last little bit stays solid…

1 Like

It looks really good, but now perhaps a box to hold all your boxes.

1 Like

It’s actually quite easy. EVA will shrink a bit due to the heat so you just have to account for that. For the 8mm thick EVA, I’ll just do full power and one pass. It doesn’t always cut all the way completely but gets me 90% there. I also have the Pro version of the GF. You’d be ok doing 2 passes at like 80% power if you are cutting 8-10mm thick EVA. Anything less only requires 1 pass.

If you don’t cut all the way through, nothing the ole xacto knife can’t quickly handle.

1 Like