Why is this design cutting multiple passes?

vapecase
so i have the setting to draft board 1 pass
for some reason its going over each piece multiple time.(not sure how many times i keep stopping the cut.)
is it something with the svg? i used makercase website to make the box
any help would be appreciated thanks guys

1 Like

Most likely you have adjacent paths in the file. If you want to share it here, we can take a look.

I can’t see the image, but it’s almost always that the design created thick lines which get interpreted as cut line - width - cut line. If you open the design in your graphics program and use “outline view” when you zoom in you’ll likely see two lines.

To fix it do a search on here for the program you’re using - I guarantee someone has given the fix it instructions!

1 Like

In this case, you have multiple copies of the box shape on top of each other. Ungroup everything multiple times and delete the extra copies.

4 Likes

OK I see you uploaded = it’s off the workspace so the design did not show up as visible on here.

Your files has six layers and the design is repeated on all of them. You need to remove the duplicates.

1 Like

I cannot make any sense of your SVG file in Win 7 Inkscape. Lots of stuff overlaying other stuff. I ungrouped and selected the “green stuff” and moved it aside. IMHO it needs work! Here’s what I see now… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

As others said, your file is the problem.

i used [https://en.makercase.com] to make the box then i went into inkscape to make the holes
im sure i fudged something.i got the inside box to work perfect so im certain i messed up in inkscape on the first one. im still on a big learning curve with this bad boy .
im just happy to have made something on my own (kinda)

thanks guys

8 Likes

Yes, the learning curve seems steep at times, but you already have a functional result, so good on you. Keep at it.

I’m sorry you ran into trouble when setting up a print. It’s great to see that the advice from our other community members helped get you up and printing. Thanks folks!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be glad to help. Happy printing!