Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Lamp

I feel like it’s time for me to finally post something. :laughing:

I have a very good friend who’s quite the Whovian and I decided to make her a time traveling lamp for her birthday. It’s so fun when your designs go from a blank page to an actual thing. Also she loves glitter but hates that it gets everywhere so I sprayed this with a glossy glitter paint.

I know that traditionally the police call box sign is black with white lettering but I really wanted more light surface area. I also have plans to core out the center of the light on top for the same reason in the next one I make.

Also made her a few coasters to go next to it.

47 Likes

Great artwork!

5 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Love it!!!

2 Likes

Really cool designs! Bet she loved them.

3 Likes

Really great artwork!

2 Likes

Awesome work!!!

1 Like

Thanks! I can’t wait to see her face when she opens it. I also painted the interior with glow in the dark paint so when she turns it off it will continue to glow for a while.

3 Likes

What you’ve created is a Whovian’s dream! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks I’m pretty chuffed with it though there are a few design changes I want to tweak. This is it after it’s been on for a bit.

7 Likes

Freaking awesome work :upside_down_face:

Nice. You might want to test it before gifting it, though. See if you can get it to disappear and not show up again until next week?

5 Likes

Or better have it show up last year and help folks prepare for Covid in time.

3 Likes

That is a great idea, you Clever Boy.

2 Likes

Thanks but this Doctor like the thirteenth is a lady! :rofl::joy::hugs:

2 Likes

Lol. My bad. :blush: :smiley:

1 Like

I love all of them! Especially the use of glow in the dark paint. Something highly under-used in my opinion!

2 Likes

If it would last longer than a few seconds it would be. I have tried it a bunch.

1 Like

I guess it has to be a pretty thick layer? I have a (hollow) glow in the dark ball for my dog that holds its glow for a really long time, but I imagine the magic is distributed throughout the rubber.

1 Like

I have some “Dr Who” fans who would love to have the “Tardis”…me included. Nice Job!

3 Likes