Wife is a KU fan

Made this for my wife’s birthday today, she’s a really big KU fan.

33 Likes

Oh, it turned out beautiful! Is that just layers of acrylic? Very sharp looking results! :grinning:

3 Likes

Looks like you have a winner!

3 Likes

Yeah the base layer was blue acrylic then layered the rest on top. Its about 10" tall. Was a pretty fun project. Ended up using E6000 to glue it all together, just slightly worried about the tiny parts since you can get some leverage on them, but the rest is not moving! :smiley:

6 Likes

This is SO sharp looking. Such clean lines and bold colors. I work with acrylic a lot, so can really appreciate the ‘inlay’ process.

4 Likes

Oh he turned out great!!! Fabulous work!

2 Likes

The spaces between the individual pieces look fantastic. That is a classy bird. :blush:

2 Likes

I cheated a bit with that. I cut all the colors except blue and when I was trying to lay them all out I noticed it might be hard to get everything correct so I went back and exported the blue layer with all the other layers and just changed the other colors score but increased the speed so they were very light lines to aid in getting everything placed perfectly.

4 Likes

I think acrylic is going to become an addiction, I stocked up on a TON of :proofgrade: acrylic so I am going to have to come up with some other stuff. :smiley: Next up is some cake toppers for my daughters birthday.

3 Likes

That’s not cheating, that’s just being smart. :rofl:

3 Likes

Amen! :smile:

3 Likes

Now that is really exceptional. Bet she was thrilled!

1 Like