"Wild West" Barn 1:87 Scale

Here are some pics I took while trying to make a barn for my HO scale train set…

The walls are 1/8” MDF, window inserts and trim are 1/16” MDF, the roof and trim on the doors is 24 pt. card-stock, and the shingles are cut out of craft-book/construction paper. I “drew” it in Illustrator.

A rarely get a model perfect the first time so I almost always them out of paper first. I’m also not very good at painting so I’ll just spray paint the whole sheet before I cut it, then rub some chalk pastels onto it with my fingers.

The “last” piece… :wink:

84 Likes

Nothing “wild west” about that!!!

That is my dream barn!

7 Likes

That’s really good.

Where do you even get 1/16" mdf? Hobby shops?

7 Likes

Look for 1.5mm… it’s pretty common, but not at local hardware stores. Places that sell the popular brand of hobby balsa and ply used to have it, but it’s been scarce for a long while now.

3 Likes

This is just amazing…as usual!! :grinning:

3 Likes

Can you come to my house and actually build that in my garden please (a bit larger)?! I love it!

5 Likes

Very nice work indeed!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness!! This is so good! :clap:

2 Likes

Like everyone else has already said, fantastic!

2 Likes

Where’s the wow button??

6 Likes

so humble!

This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

That would make a great “barnddominium”.

4 Likes

We have it at our local Hobby Lobby, Joann’s, Lowes and Orschelns/Tractor Supply (corporate buyout)

3 Likes

Lovely photography too

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing!

2 Likes

That is spectacular! Wonder how the horses like being so close to the tracks? :slight_smile: The detail you put in all of your designs is beyond amazing. You are truly a gifted designer.

3 Likes

I am amazed at the detail of your barn. I actually thought it was a lot bigger until I saw it in your hand, unless you have really big hands. The pictures that you took really show off all of the work that you put into it too.

3 Likes

https://www.micromark.com/

I have matboard from Amazon that is 1/16

1 Like

I love seeing your tiny buildings! They really set the standard for the rest of us.

4 Likes

astonishing!!

3 Likes