Will it fit?

I completely understand how to bypass it. I just didn’t know if there were any sensors there in the first place.

Keyword

My wife never says I told you so. I still have life insurance. She just takes pictures of me doing questionable things.

21 Likes

:confounded: Dude! You would be DEAF from the screaming if I saw you doing that! :laughing:

4 Likes

That was 3 years ago. I would never do that now, I’m getting old. Bought a harness and a longer ladder.:wink:

6 Likes

Oh goodness, that’s going to end up in a safety briefing.

4 Likes

:rofl: I saw a contractor do almost exactly this straight up the side of a house just last week, except he used a forklift, a sheet of OSB, and an extension ladder at about 10:1.
Popcorn-Emoji-smile

4 Likes

You can grow parts of fingers back if you don’t cut through the phalange :grinning:

My fingerprints now don’t all match what they were when I first got printed years ago :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with that. The tractor is perfectly stable.

3 Likes

The problem with having the door open is far worse than the laser bouncing out. Yes, you could protect yourself from the laser’s effects with goggles designed for it, but not the CO and other toxic fumes blowing into the room (the front door is a major part of the pathway of the smoke as you will see since that’s where all the crap condenses in your GF. Sure you could wear an SCBA pack, but geez at a certain point, go to a maker space with a larger laser!

2 Likes

Must be fun at your house when you’ve got a fire in the fireplace :slight_smile:

Well I don’t have an air assist in the my fireplace blowing smoke into the family room (although I do have the Biolite stove which does!)

3 Likes

Since the laser (in my case) is either in the basement or the garage (although not using the garage since getting the PRU) and I don’t do it much, I’m way more concerned with what’s spitting into the air with the 3D printers which are in the living space. And all the potential carcinogens in the various & sundry finishing chemicals I use.

It’s all about exposures - how much, how long, how often.

my printer is in a full enclosure with filtration for this reason. Plus it increases the print quality I’ve found with nylon.

3 Likes

mine is enclosed (for temp management) but not filtered. I love the smell of melting ABS in the morning :smile:

2 Likes

Bought the Glowforge so I could build an enclosure for mine. (Bwahahahahahahah!) :smile:

1 Like

Trying to decide about of "soon to arrive (in Glowforge years") Slash SLA printer…

I think it’s in “shipping” status now for the Kickstarters. Only a year late :slightly_smiling_face:

Supposedly the shipping container is here in the US so I did just get pinged to confirm my address so hoping soon…

If you were in San Diego they’d let you pick it up at their facility :slight_smile:

Got a medical conf out there you could go to? :smile: