Windex wipes = magic scorch remover

So, yeah. Apparently Windex wipes magically wipe off scorch marks on wood. Here’s my founder’s ruler after about 30s of wiping. It also dried out the skin on my hand, so use a glove. #chemistry

93 Likes

Burn the witch!!

18 Likes

I have just the tool.

9 Likes

That looks like good news to me!

1 Like

Whoa! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You Sir. Just won a star :star:

4 Likes

Whoa! Impressive. I guess it is the amonia in it?

1 Like

Yep, ammonia. The cloth is nice for keeping the surface wetted as well.

1 Like

Its like “My big fat greek wedding” for wood. It’s a miracle.

14 Likes

I dunno, I like the scorched sides…

3 Likes

I hear that. I like the darkened edge for certain things… but I hate sticky edges. I sure don’t want to stain my cutomers’ fingers.

4 Likes

Huh! Well that’s useful!

Super useful tip!

Just tried it on an etched deer piece, it is lighter and clearer we are newbies and appreciate all these tips. Thank you.

1 Like

Magic eraser does good as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip.

Missed this somehow … if we don’t have Windex wipes would spraying Windex on a better quality paper towel work (I hesitate to do it on a micro fiber because I don’t want that stuff on my clothes or the laundry to smell like it). Wonder if 70% straight alcohol work…or is it strictly the amonia? I’m so excited to see the “pretty” edge that has been cut.

Bumping this so other people will see this…“Shirley” I am not the only one to miss this post.

Yes, you can just spray any ammonia based glass cleaner on a papertowel. Ammonia chemically reacts, alcohol does not.

I am so excited about this, I thought we were doimed to a black edge forever