Window screen

I needed a screen for the bathroom window at my cabin in Yosemite. For some bizarre reason the window opens upwards, potentially exposing one to passers by.

To protect people on the road (trust me, no one wants to see this grandma’s bare hiney) I cut this screen using a pattern from Steve Good. I made some quick supports to hold the pieces upright.

It’s about 10” x 13.”

Martha

44 Likes

Fantastic! :smile:
(Didn’t realize you were out there mooning the tourists girl!)

7 Likes

hehe

Only when nature calls!! :rofl:

5 Likes

This is really lovely! What an innovative idea…serves the purpose and is also beautiful.

3 Likes

That’s really nice. love the birch trees!

3 Likes

Lovely solution.

3 Likes

Is that something frosted you added there? Otherwise you can still see through the trees… :crazy_face:

3 Likes

:grin: I figure it will be too hard to see through the trees, no one is going to come onto the property to look into the window.

(It’s actually too tall to see into from close up. The street is slightly elevated. )

3 Likes

I don’t remember this particular design … it’s really lovely! Nice use!!!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s called “Nature scene. Deer and Birch trees.”

2 Likes

You have a cabin in Yosemite and you need to “buy” nature photos? :roll_eyes: That would be like me buying sand to take to the beach. It is a very pretty Image however. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have an odd shaped window high up in my office at work. Every morning around 9:30, the sun gets to the right height to sear my eyeballs out. This seems like the perfect solution, especially layered with some colored acrylic… my office is on the beach, so I guess I’ll need to do some sort of aquatic theme. Hope mine comes out half as nicely as yours did!

4 Likes

Steve Good shares his files freely! I did, however, give him a donation.

:grinning:

3 Likes

Aww, thank you!

Show us what you come up with!!

2 Likes

Yeah, kinda envious of the cabin at Yosemite. But the screen is gorgeous and perfect for the job!

3 Likes