Wisconsin Rhombicosidodecahedron

Personal project after a few weeks of charity and side projects. Another Rhombicosidodecahedron with a University of Wisconsin theme with logos from the various things I was a part of. This polyhedral was created with some non-proof grade plywood with Rowmark Colorshop wood to hide the screw holes. This one will stay in my personal collection.

Want to make your own Rhombicosidodecahedron? I have posted the files needed to 3D print your own internal connectors on Etsy.

33 Likes

Assume the onlay was glued in place by eye?

1 Like

Looks great

1 Like

Yes!

Mm, nice work. What sort of glue did you use? That’s a lot of gluing, it was probably a nasty balance between open time and speed, curious where you ended up.

1 Like

Loctite super glue. I was watching The Hobbit extended edition trilogy, so I was multitasking and it didn’t seem that long. 60 sides though. This was sort of a prototype to a couple of new shapes to see how the color shop wood would stick to the plywood. The loctite worked great.

3 Likes

Love it

1 Like

Nice contrast in the wood choices.

1 Like

Oooooo, I do believe this one is your best yet! I really like the colors.

1 Like

go Bucky

1 Like

You were in the band and the Rose Bowl?!?!?! Time to bow down to you.

Nice Rhombicosidodecahedron too.

Yes, I was in The UW Marching Band and marched in the Rose Bowl in 1994, so yes. I wasn’t on the football team. Did the Rose Parade as well. 7 Miles or something like that. :wink:

3 Likes