Wish List

Well I’ll put it this way. I sell a number of products that are exact sizes. If I want to do another size I have to go to illustrator, resize it there, paste it into the editor, then save it with a proper name like objectname 5” size. I have TONS of these, and it’s because I sell add-ons to them that have to fit for the size I designed them for. As I can’t scale them with any sort of consistency in the GFUI I have to clutter up my workspace and involve a ton of extra steps to have every size available.

For the things that have like 5-10 layers of settings to input, I have to redo all of those every time. So instead of typing 6” into a box and having it scale to 6” it’s quite a process I have to go through just to get another size.

If I happen to accidentally resize something in the UI an leave the screen, I can’t go back in and undo it. I have to start from scratch. That means recopying the right size, getting it where it needs to be locationwise(I edit the GFUI state directly for this which most people have no idea how to do), and then reentering settings.

Most of this would be unnecessary with numeric positioning and sizing.

6 Likes

I think that’s a great example of a use case.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.