WLED Dual of 4-Frequency Octahedral Geodesic Sphere

This latest polyhedral is a Dual of 4-Frequency Octahedral Geodesic Sphere, whiCh has 66 faces, 192 edges, and 128 vertices. A WLED pixel light is positioned at each vertices. The faces have two layers, :proofgrade: Green Glass Acrylic for the base and Holographic Nightmare Iridescent Acrylic on the top. The idea was that the LED bulbs would edge-lit the bottom green glass acrylic, which ended up working splendidly. The WLED lights are powered by a Dig2Go controller. WLED has amazing effects and this really looks amazing at night. Internal connectors were 3D printed on a Bambu X1-Carbon.

Creation of the Polyhedral using Stella 4D.

3D Printing internal connectors

Assembly

![Dual of a 4 frequency octahedrel assembly-118|500x500]
(upload://xusVNLLetfJJCS86VAtrU2BJaN1.jpeg)

Final Results

WLED in action

44 Likes

This one is one of the best in my view.

It looks amazing. Thanks for the share and write-up!

14 Likes

This is great and all but I think you have mastered the polygon, time to go for the tesseract. :wink:

16 Likes

tumblr_p5d8os5uGT1wpo5m3o1_540

12 Likes

Wow. Awesome yet again

10 Likes

Looks like stars twinkling!

9 Likes

Just when I think you can’t top yourself, you go and raise the bar again. You are definitely in a league of your own with these builds.

15 Likes

Wondering when you are opening your Geometry Museum. perhaps with an Orrery of your spheres?

11 Likes

Okay…that one is cool, and the name only sounds slightly made up. :wink:

9 Likes

This is what happens when you start with extraordinary talent and skill and practice it for years. Astounding!

16 Likes

This is amazing. Great work! Thank you again for sharing! I truly appreciate all of your posts.

10 Likes

Well said, Chris.

This is phenomenal, @pubultrastar! Thank you for sharing your beautiful art!

12 Likes

Just so alive with creativity packed into a colorful sphere.

18 Likes

@pubultrastar thank you for continuing to amaze us with your skillful mastery!
As usual, a most beautifully crafted piece of art.

10 Likes

Love it.

The wires inside are also quite satisfying :grin:

12 Likes

WOW! Just wow!

9 Likes

Tremendous.

5 Likes

First off, I can’t even pronounce any of the names you use on this, but I can certainly enjoy it! I loved the little video. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing it with us.

9 Likes

This one must be mesmerizing in a dark room. Right out of a sci fi movie. Maybe you should computerize one and give it the ability to respond to voice commands.

10 Likes

The controller does have Sound Reactive WLED so it will react to your voice or music, but not like Alexa or Hal. Not yet…

11 Likes