Won't cut all the way through

I would take that as a challenge. I’ll wait to see what you come up with. :grinning:

(And the best lasagna is not made with ricotta, but with a thick cheese sauce made with a bechamel, sauteed onion and parmesan or romano and asiago cheeses. Dude, you’ve obviously never had real lasagna.)

Now tiramisu… :wink:

1 Like

There are only three cheeses I eat - mootz melted on a pizza (& no other way), american (melted on a burger or grilled cheese sandwich) and Whiz (melted on a Philly).

All other cheeses and even these in other formats are just nasty :smile:

My wife’s grandmother was off the boat from Italy. She was appalled by my dietary preferences but she tolerated them because she liked me better than the previous boyfriends :slight_smile: (I won - grandma likes you, you’re in!)

1 Like

That’s it…there’s no hope for you. That’s like not liking tacos. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Although I prefer American on a burger over cheddar. And sometimes will go the Swiss, grilled shroom, grilled onion route.

(Time for lunch.)

I eat tacos - just no cheese or beans. Beans are just vegetable cheese :smile:

I’m a big fan of meat. And you really don’t have to cook it much. I’m a pretty easy person to cook for :wink:

1 Like

A couple of weeks ago, I had a problem where it was not cutting through for me… not even close. I was freaking out that the laser was dead as the machine would go through all of the motions, but it made barely a dent on the material. I cleaned everything, and slowed down the speed to a crawl, but still nothing.

Then, I noticed that the full power setting had been inadvertently changed to 1. I corrected that, and all was well. I doubt this is the root of your issue, but you might want to double check. An incorrect power or material thickness setting , if unnoticed, can have you pulling your hair out.

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out. I’m so sorry for the issues with your prints.

I have a few things you can try:

1. Check your materials for warp if you haven’t already
Even when the Crumb Tray is clean and flat, the material may not be lying flat on the surface. Some materials can develop a curve (called ‘warp’), and warped material may not cut through consistently. The problem is especially likely to occur if the print is large. If you find that your materials are warped, please read our troubleshooter on warped material for ideas on how to take care of your materials.

2. Do a test print
We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade Draftboard and let us know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let us know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.

I’ve had the same experience. Thick material has always cut through, all of my problems have been with the medium PG.

I ended up thoroughly cleaning the lens/camera/windows…everything, and the crumb tray.

I noticed something that looked like a burnt piece of something or other on the lens and used the Zeiss wipes to get it off (took me saturating it for about 30 seconds to loosen it and then carefully ‘scrubbing’ it off.

Once that was off the lens, it seemed that the GF was cutting like a champ…hopefully for the duration. But for anyone having issues, I would really check out all Zeiss cleanable surfaces and see if there is a stray fingerprint, or something icky on anything.

2 Likes

hello Jaz,

Just tested the gift of good measure on a flat piece of Medium Draftboard. Here are the photos. Print started between 8:14pm -8:16pm EST on 03/15/2018

Thank you so much for running that test. I’ve determined there’s an issue with your unit we can’t solve remotely. I recommend we proceed with a warranty replacement and will be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry for the bad news.