Wood Block Prints

Just a couple of engravings I did to try out the new speeds – images looted from Pinterest. Engraved on (birch?) underlayment from Home Depot.

33 Likes

The bird looks like a free image I have from Dover. I will look when I get home. Dover has some great free stuff.

2 Likes

It might be, I can’t remember. I didn’t pay much attention, since I was just playing. :slight_smile: The tiger is definitely not a free image – it engraved with the “copyrighted material” message still on it.

Would be fun to engrave them in reverse and actually use them for wood block printing!

6 Likes

Oh, I like a lot!

4 Likes

I love the woodblock style… The tiger looks particularly fantastic!

3 Likes

Celia* The Tiger Girl has already claimed it as her own. :slight_smile:

*My 9yo granddaughter / Tim’s great niece

6 Likes

These look marvelous!

3 Likes

Great use of the material, especially the tiger.

4 Likes

Wow! Those are beautiful! And amazing!

3 Likes

Sweeeet! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Is this what you used? :sunglasses:

I don’t really know…it’s been sitting on my shelf for a year or so!

1 Like

Oh, I love these. Are you going to see if you can print with one of them? :slight_smile: Hint…

1 Like

It’s on my list for after the move. :slight_smile: I think I need to reverse the engrave for that, though. Right now the light areas are the high points.

1 Like

Gosh, they really came out nice! Are you happy with how the new speeds worked?

2 Likes

I would try it both ways, it’s sometimes difficult to visualize, but when you see the prints you will know!

2 Likes

Yes! I didn’t do any comparative prints or anything. It was more of an experiential experiment. I turned them sideways, bumped the speed to max, and let 'em rip. They were each done before I even had time to pack half a box. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The tiger is amazing!!

2 Likes

I agree. I think the white areas would make a good print.

1 Like

Either would work as only you would know it was reversed, they would be just as awesome.

2 Likes