Wood Burning

I have a friend who does amazing Wood Burning on blank wood discs. We were thinking about replicating them with GF. Has anyone done this? We were also thinking the GF could make the basic design (a copy of the original) and she could wood burn over it to make it look better, saving her a ton of time.

2 Likes

Engraved Pictures on Wood She may not even need to burn it after the GF.

The GF is pretty much a replacement for the hand held tool. Great for all us people who can’t draw a straight line.

2 Likes

OK …ok I create a bimap of it and then just engrave it. I usually do vectors on Illustrator - have not done a lot of engraving. Anyone have a simple way to make a good copy for engraving? The light parts worry me but she could always redo them.

This is one of her many designs.

4 Likes

For artwork like this I wouldn’t use Illustrator. It seems better suited for a raster program like Photoshop.

1 Like

By the way your friend is an amazing artist.

2 Likes

Beautiful artwork! I’d just scan her artwork in your photo graphics program and then make any needed adjustments. There is a bit of a learning curve if you’re not experienced in editing bitmaps for engraving, but I think the example you posted wouldn’t take a lot of work. Just hit me up if you need help and I can help with adjusting one of the images to get you started.

1 Like

Yes, this is the way to go: scan and fine-tune the file in a suitable graphics editor. I’ve done this with a friend’s pen & ink originals.

She hid her signature in her work. When I was editing the scan, I’d match my screen to the original’s signature (I scanned at 600dpi). The engrave was spot-on.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.