Wood Coasters

Fun coaster designs! Some coasters I purchased from Michaels and found they looked better when I stained them first. Others we cut with our CNC machine.

I was originally masking each coaster at first, then tried without it. After seeing a post in a FB group, I tried unmasking and wiping off the after burn using baby wipes. It worked like a charm! These were our best sellers and most popular gifts this Christmas. :slight_smile:

46 Likes

Oh, I like that little log cabin too! :smile:

3 Likes

Lots of great designs here. Very cool.

4 Likes

You have definitely got the coaster market cornered in your neck of the woods. They look great!

3 Likes

Lots of great designs. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Fun coasters. You have a good eye for design layout and image pairings.

3 Likes

I love the 1,340 miles apart coaster. What a great custom design.

4 Likes

Great collection! Love your logo too.

1 Like

Can I ask how you get those deep engravings so clean? Mine are dark black with soot at the bottom and when I try to clean them up it stains the wood around the engraving slightly. Your stuff looks really awesome!

1 Like

Thank you! It was a bit of trial and error on setup, engraving, etc. I stain them first, then went a little lighter on the power so they didn’t engrave so deep. I read in another forum to use baby wipes for charring and it works! Using baby wipes takes the extra step out of masking first. If needed, I’ll use a toothbrush to get some soot out. You might get some leftover fuzz from the baby wipes, but you can pick it off. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Some really nice coasters! Love the cabin and the monogram!

Your designs are awesome! I’m waiting for my glowforge to arrive. Can you tell me what settings you used for these? I got the exact ones from michaels today!

1 Like

We can’t discuss non-proofgrade settings outside of Beyond the Manual, but you’ll probably find plenty of settings for similar materials there to get you started. :slight_smile:

Sorry! I’m new here and didn’t know that :slight_smile:

No worries, even old-timers need a reminder once in a while. :slight_smile: The forum rules are listed in the FAQ.

4 Likes

Wonderful body of work! How do you finish them so they don’t warp?

3 Likes

My question too. I tried a stain on mine but it just washed out the design.