Wood handbag

I bet the synthetic leather will help the living hinge last. Great idea.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
Your daughter’s handbag turned out great.

3 Likes

How did you attach the liner? Looks nice. A good way to get a young person into DIY, the gift that keeps on giving.

3 Likes

Well if thats not the cutest thing!!

1 Like

I love this design! Is it from Etsy?

2 Likes

I may try to make this soon! I love it. i haven’t made any purses or bags yet! Thank you so much for sharing. I’m going to have to dig around in my closet and see if I can find a purse to steal a strap from! :joy: Or try to make one but no way I can do handstitching right now. lol

2 Likes

I purchased it from www.laser-templates.com

It looks like they are selling this design and, that the license terms don’t including giving the design away somewhere else online. So, you might want to take that down.

2 Likes

I will thank you!

1 Like

Oh I just wanted to go check it out - but I would buy it from them if I want to make it, I don’t want to steal anyone’s copyright!
Thank you so much for the link! :heart:

2 Likes

How did you check the synthetic leather to make sure it wasn’t vinyl based?

1 Like

Good question! I didn’t… :dizzy_face:

I do have the GF in a scientific fume hood, so hopefully it wasn’t too big a mistake.

Does anyone have resource recommendations for material testing procedures before lasering?

If you laser vinyl materials, because of the chlorine content, it will make hydrochloric acid and destroy your laser by corroding every metal part in it.

There are many resources online and in this forum on how to test materials.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing. This is very creative!

Thank you for telling me about the issue with vinyl! I will keep an eye out for that!

Thanks for that pattern. I have played with it too.

9 Likes

Me, too!

1 Like

Really nice thanks

Thank you for sharing

1 Like