Wood Purse and birdhouse

Made both for the catalog, not submitted yet, Idk I want to make a more detailed birdhouse but then the birds wont like it so I might just make a bird feeder idk. For the purse I wanted a stupid easy to make so its easy to customize.

35 Likes

They look great

3 Likes

I love both but have had complaints that while living hinges work great at first, that repeated bending will eventually break. A cloth liner inside will help and end up supporting it when it does break having some sort of other hinge works best in the long run.

7 Likes

LOVE LOVE LOVE the purse

Says who?
Birds don’t care. As long as the hole dimensions and interior size are correct for the species they could care less about the other details.

3 Likes

It would make an interesting experiment. To see what else would make a difference.

2 Likes

It would be an experiment in patience for sure lol.

1 Like

You could just go extreme and make it look like an open dragon’s mouth. If that doesn’t faze them, then there is not likely much that will.

2 Likes

Ooh! When you submit if you make the opening cut have multiple colours so the “wrong” ones could be ignored or deleted, then it could be resized based on which species the person is hoping for. That would be extra cool :slight_smile:

Eg:

10 Likes

They both look great.

6 Likes

Can’t wait to see these in the catalog!

2 Likes