Wooden Holiday Ornament Card

Inspired by the cool little ornament cards that got posted this afternoon, I decided to get off my duff and design one. It’s a little larger than those…the ornament is about 4 inches wide. (So it’s the size of a regular holiday card, not a business card.)

Just ran a draft with a light engrave, to see how it was going to turn out. Apologies for the completely corny sentiment! :smile:

snowcard1

snowcard2

85 Likes

Beautiful. did you leave little tabs to hold it in place?

6 Likes

Yep! They break just fine! :grinning:

11 Likes

Did you mask this, and if so how long did it take you to weed it? Awesome work as usual!

3 Likes

It’s great! All it needs now is a little glitter. :wink:

5 Likes

Hoping to get our machine in time for something similar :slight_smile: How did you do the tabs? Were they cut around, or engraved to be thinner?

1 Like

We work with a company in DFW that does a card that’s similar to this. They wrap it in fancy paper to make it an actual card that you can pull the ornament in and out of.
Theirs is asymmetrical though and will only go back in one way which isn’t great. It also doesn’t look as good as yours. Nice job!
I’ll see if the boss will let me borrow it to show you sometime if you want.

3 Likes

Noooooo!!!

5 Likes

Beautiful! @Jules

2 Likes

Just joking! I know @jules has no intention of using glitter, she has already been clear on that in the past!

6 Likes

Oh, very cool! I love that it is a card and that they can take the ornament out and use it.

1 Like

Yeah it was masked, and a bit tedious to get it all off, but I used one of those plastic razor blades and just scraped it all off. (Those things are fabulous for getting tiny bits removed.) :grinning:

Cut around. I designed them into the channel. (Love the precision you can get with this thing.)

I’d love to see it! :grinning:

ROFL! Damn straight! The stuff attacks me! :smile:

6 Likes

Have you ever used that insanely strong brown box tape you can buy at uhaul (i used it on my acrylic & silicone post) and laid it over the masking? It will take it off in one foul swoop. Its my favorite stuff!

5 Likes

Great idea! Now I know what to make some folks for the holidays!

2 Likes

Fabulous! I totally want to do this.

1 Like

No, hadn’t tried that one. I did finally get the Gorilla tape (which works as well as they say it does) but I was too lazy to get up and go out to the garage for it at 1:00 am, (also didn’t want to fight to keep Demon out), so I just used the razor blade I keep here in the desk. It’s really pretty quick.

Tape is good too. Would probably work for this just fine. :grinning:

3 Likes

ZOMG! This is a wonderful, simple gift idea :slight_smile:

Mind if I copy it?

1 Like

Only if you do it better than me. Chuckle! :smile:
(Unfortunately a given.)

1 Like

Having trouble removing ornament…

26 Likes

Snort! :laughing:

2 Likes