Wooden Scrabble Board

This was a Christmas present for my father-in-law. It is made out of different hardwood species and all of the pieces except for the plywood base were cut and engraved using my Glowforge. It was a fun project but took a bit longer then I expected. I ended up splitting the top in half because it was too big to cut as once piece (I don’t have a Pro version with pass-through slot). After some glue and wood filler though its hard to tell that it’s two pieces.

If you’re interested in making your own, the files are available for purchase on my website: https://cravecraftonline.com/product/scrabble-laser-file/

97 Likes

What are the final dimensions?

that is beautiful! I’ve always loved this game, and I am sure the gift recipient appreciated all the hard work put into such a special gift.

5 Likes

Omigosh…this is beautiful! One of my all-time favorite games. You did such an excellent job of making this.

3 Likes

It’s beautiful.

1 Like

I like the name down the side.

It looks lovely all round

2 Likes

Well done!

1 Like

That is gorgeous! One of our favorite games here. Have blank tiles always been worth 2 points, or is that a “custom” rule?

Did you make the letter trays on the Glowforge? It took me a moment to wrap my brain around what you did there.

One of the primary motivations for my Glowforge purchase is to make some game sets for my family. Thank you for the inspiration! Really stellar craftsmanship!

1 Like

Really lovely job on that.

1 Like

Great looking piece.

1 Like

Absolutely a fantastic piece! A labor of love.

1 Like

Blank is zero, but you can make up whatever you want as you’re all playing by the same rules. :smiley:

2 Likes

For a moment there I thought I might be losing my mind.

It’s like the Free Parking rule. Everybody I know plays Monopoly that way, but it’s not in the rule book.

Just adding my voice to the choir of admiration for this project. It is very beautiful and I am sure it will bring hours of fun for the whole family.

3 Likes

You did a fantastic job! :star_struck:

1 Like

Well done! I particularly like the ridges that will hold the tiles in place.
@marmak3261 made a set where all the letters were inlaid.

3 Likes

This is a beautiful board. I love the woods and the color. Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

Beautiful. I like everything about it.

3 Likes

Looks great… Stunning actually

2 Likes

I think I see where you are confused - the legend is tile distribution, not point value. :smiley:

2 Likes