Work from home desk

So my wife has been working from home since the lockdown started and needed someplace more permanent and less of an eyesore than the temporary table and the top of our liquor cabinet. Voila, at the end of the day she can close the doors and work is out of sight and out of mind.
Of course the cabinet itself was not made on the glowforge but the tree shaped insert was. It consists of 3 pieces per mirror (I have a basic) of HD hardboard.

73 Likes

No better place for it, if you ask me!

6 Likes

Haha, but I’m retired and it got in my way lol.

6 Likes

Wow. That’s one of those thing I would never have thought to do, but it looks like it was designed that way from the beginning.

5 Likes

Nicely done. Happy wife, happy life.

6 Likes

I love the color and the tree! Not sure I’d get any work done when I could look at this instead!

3 Likes

Well thank you.

2 Likes

That is beautiful.

2 Likes

Excellent. I want to make some huge pieces too. I have a thing in my mind about a big hanging made up of sections - you’ve given me a good prod.

2 Likes

Did you design it around existing mirror panels for the doors?

Oh wow, that is a gorgeous work of art! So nicely finished, too.

1 Like

Amazing

1 Like

Looks awesome! Hope you found another spot for the liquor…

1 Like

We had the mirrors cut to fit the doors.

1 Like

Thank you. The door detail was a bugger to paint. Many coats.

You need to come out of retirement and become an interior decorator. Fabulous I love it

Well it was a collaboration between what the wife wanted and what I could do lol.

2 Likes

Haha, no it’s still in the liquor cabinet. It just doesn’t have computer monitors on top of it anymore.

2 Likes

Excellent idea for the inserts. With the doors closed it could be a cabinet for just about anything. Great work.

1 Like

I appreciate your kind words. Thank you.